19TXD on Ebay

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Re: My BX number 3 !

Post by Stinkwheel »

GaianB wrote:!.. I am a SHE not a HE.

2. I have contacted Rob at Chevronics and asked him his view on the so-called reliable reports of the problem.

Until he tells me something - i will NOT update the details to say. I only say what I know. Afer all - eveyone else can look on this site and make their own mind up!

I recommend Chevronics in Letchworth to anyone reading this - i may as well do some advertiseing for him!!!
OK, so.........

point 1. Sorry, didnt see it mentioned anywhere what gender you were, my apologies

Point 2.Thats fine, who else has worked on or examined this car then that could be so sure of what the fault it?

Point3. Again fine, i just hope you have no comeback from any potential purchaser, im trying to save you hassle actually, do you realise how unreasonable some e-bay vehicle buyers can be if things arent exactly as they were described (i,e having a fault thats a bit more serious than thought) a friend of mine had himself and his family threatened by an irate e-bay buyer just because it had a threadbare seat edge he had forgotten to mention.

I wasnt tryin to be stroppy, just commenting on the facts we have been presented with, again, good luck with the sale.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
GaianB

I said WAS unhappy!! Very happy now......

Post by GaianB »

I wanted to thank you all for your ideas and the nice things you said about my car.javascript:emoticon(':P')

I did not know what the site was about - that is why I came to look, not unhappy now. Have joined, as you can all see! At last.javascript:emoticon(':shock:')

Having bought our first BX from new (white!), all the following ones have been getting older, and older. However, my newest one is a year newer than the one being sold, with half the mileage on it! How many would be interested in that one???

When we bought it (2000) it was VERY expensive. Came from the Duxford Citroen garage. They wanted nearly £3500. When i asked for any discount, they said they knew we could get that amount, so it was that price or don't buy it.

Sad to see it now going for nearly nothing!! :cry: :cry:
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

My XM used to get service and MOT's there...I travelled to Duxford to collect it from the seller.
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
GaianB

Honesty

Post by GaianB »

I understand the potential anger from a buyer - but i am not hiding anything, so do not fear any dire consequences. If i omitted to mention something I knew.........

I would be javascript:emoticon('8-[')
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Sounds like you've got bx's in your blood :D Welcome to the best carclub & forum in the world, period. Have a good read of any posts that sound interesting, we always have lots of debate & disagreements over things, but above all we are a generous & friendly bunch who regularly go to some of the ccc meets, see that particular section for some recent one's. Some long lasting friendships have resulted in joining, even with those we've argued with :lol:

You'll have to post up some details & piccies of your meteor, it sounds like a nice one with lowish mileage.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.