Low Mileage 19TRS Auto

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Low Mileage 19TRS Auto

Post by Tim Leech »

Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Looks a smasher.One for you Tim?
Wonder what the reserve is?
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Hmm well the question do I need it, I already have a G reg TRS in that colour and a 19 petrol automatic so I would be greedy to buy that aswell, wouldnt I?..........

I cant afford it, unless the guy at work buys my MK2 Golf then maybe.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

its on adtrader for £550
looks lovely
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Blimey (O/T sorry!) Max, haven't seen you on here for a while: how's things in BXM world?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Hi Phil!
things are good although i just sold the TZDturbo estate. A Sad day but i suspect i might just own another BX in the future. It went to a good home, the guy has about 6 others including a showroom condition 16v with about 40k on it.
What made the decision for me in the end to stick with just the XM was that its become a valuable listening environment for music and stuff i'm working on. V quiet and the BX without some serious soundprroofing would never be as good really. + those doors are not the most solid of speaker mounting material.
I spent along time debating it though, which one was going to go, mainly because the BX was so fantastically economical.
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I must say the XM is a convincing package. But the BX is in your blood now... you won't be able to resist for long... how about this 16 auto then?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

maxgreenwood wrote:....the decision for me in the end to stick with just the XM was that its become a valuable listening environment for music and stuff i'm working on......
Hi Max. A bit OT this (apologies): Have you upgraded the sound system in the XM? If so I'd be interested to know what you've done.
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

maxgreenwood wrote:its on adtrader for £550
looks lovely
As we know of late being on adtrader doesnt mean a thing :wink:
Last edited by Tim Leech on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Image :rofl:
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I'd query the mileage on the car, mots only start at three years old and that clock looks doctored to me, I'd like to find the pre mot history. Gibbo.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

33000m and 5 previous keepers?
Seems to be getting quite bit of interest already though.Ive asked for more pics of sides,interior etc but as yet no reply.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Gibbo2286 wrote:I'd query the mileage on the car, mots only start at three years old and that clock looks doctored to me, I'd like to find the pre mot history. Gibbo.
I'd suspect that clock too. I got shot down in flames a few months back for sounding a warning on misaligned odometer drums and I got told "They all do that". <SOB!> :P

Well, my Athena's odo was just like the one in this pic. Since owning the thing, all the evidence (bearing wear, carpet wear, bore wear ..... and the scratched-up speedo rear) points to the car having 'lost' about 100,000 miles early in its life (before checkable MOT mileage records came into being).

People get up to all sorts of tricks to make a car look low-mileage, from fitting new pedal rubbers to bolting on new steering wheels to get rid of the well worn rim of the original (I even found the 'as new' Ebay steering wheel that my Athena had had fitted to it just before it went onto Ebay itself :roll:) so it's often hard to tell. Even an FSH can be falsified.

Odometers are very difficult to change and still keep all the numbers lined up - they're made that way - and, back when I used to examine cars professionally for the RAC, this kind of misalignment was almost always a clear indication that a previous owner had been into the dash with a small-bladed screwdriver in the search for more market value. Checking (when I could be bothered) inevitably revealed abrasion marks on the speedo/dash securing screws......... and I used to see several of them a week, it was that common. :?

So, I'm right with Gibbo on this one!!!! That mileage is highly suspect IMHO... :shock:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

We had a BX 19TGD from brand new and the numbers were never spot on and the more miles it did the worse it got, my 16TRS has done a genuine 43,000 with mots and history to verify and they are a bit wonky too. The only ones that line up perfectly are on the mk1.

Even so if the mileage is a bit suspect its a rare beast, I hope it finds an enthusiastic home.

I find giving the binnacle a good few hard taps as it clicks over to the next thousand miles helps it along and they normally line up well.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

yea suspicious mileage, you'd really need to look that car over.
I must say the XM is a convincing package.
Phil you're a hardened BXer! 'convincing package' :lol:

yeah i love BXs. i might get another. not yet though. Quite fancy a diesel auto for some reason.
Hi Max. A bit OT this (apologies): Have you upgraded the sound system in the XM? If so I'd be interested to know what you've done.
It had an aftermarket Kenwood CD player in when i got it which sounded great - actually a bit smoother on the top end than my current one, which is also a Kenwood, but i went for the one with a USB input on the front so i can easily plug in an iPod and my portable recorder which has usb. Pretty handy. It also charges them both so i never need to at home. I also wired in the steering wheel controls for Kenwood, which works for the iPod and the recorder. No mods to the speakers though, they sound good.