New Carb

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

New Carb

Post by Tim Leech »

Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Yep - that's the right one...

Guess what I've been looking for this evening :-)
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

god?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

docchevron wrote:god?
enlightenment?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Nope - God is relatively easy to find despite the limp-wristed efforts of 'plonker' Dawkins et al.

No - I'm looking for a Weber 34DRTC or 34DRTM preferably 14/100 W147/50 but can modify to suit. I will achieve further enlightenment when some kind hero sells me a decent carb :-)
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Well I've just bought (and fitted) a brand new Weber - and it needs the laying on of hands and anointing with something more than just oil .... it needs something that cures a huge flat spot as it comes off idle. :(

It's mucho fun pulling out of junctions .... :shock:
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

That sounds like my 2 litre granny - but then I set it up like that :-) I remember pulling up to a T junction behind a learner - the learner pulled away very nicely - and I stalled the motor :oops:

The ideal setup for a Weber means that you should be able to stall it very easily by letting the clutch back very slightly on tickover to stall it - in other words tickover has very little power - only there to keep the engine running and nothing more.

What I found was there was a 'dead spot' in the throttle linkage itself - it needed to be moved a half-inch or so before any movement happened at the carb - this could be due to a number of things - on the granny it was due to having a return spring on the pedal as well as on the carb.

If your flat spot is due to that then it's likely that the carb is spot on and it's a case of getting used to the dead spot in the linkage - if not then my little red Weber book is needed to help with setup - can't find the **^*$ thing at the mo.

I've just won the Haynes carb book on fleabay so for when that arrives... what's the type number Bob ?
2002 C5 HDi SX estate