Max G's White 16TZS 1990

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Max G's White 16TZS 1990

Post by maxgreenwood »

This is the TZS i picked up a couple of weeks ago in York. It had done 70k with one owner in 20 years to July '10, and 10k with the last owner to xmas, and then appeared at auction where the guy i bought it from got it. 5 months MOT and taxed as disabled til July.

Looks like a small animal has been at the tailgate just under the Citroen badge.
---
Out in the field
---
Looks like the Saab doesn't want to get left out
- -
I like the interior, soft groovy tweedy seats man and it's airy esp. with that big sunroof
- -

There are a few issues with it but all in all i am enjoying the car. It's very nippy, and the engine sounds sweet unless you push it when it's cold, and economy so far is around 30mpg - mostly town driving. It seemed to do alot more on the run when i brought it back, especially across the Irish sea :wink:

I particularly like the styling of this trim combo in white, i think it looks across between the bond underwater Lotus and something from buck rogers.

There are a few rust spots which have been treated / converted for the time being, will sort properly when warm and sunny. Hole in boot, small holes in c pillar bottom and windscreen surround, but it's pretty good underneath and hope to take preventative measures here also. Michelins all round and all high pressure LHM and fuel lines greased up i take to be a good sign. It will need a new clutch at some point and i'm not sure if the cambelt has been done. One strut is also leaking, (not the return pipe) and they're groany, and the silver shafts are worn / heat tarnished so i'll need some new ones but ride is good and supple. It jumps up on startup. Rear quarter windows in good cond.

I/the garage has so far done:

freed and lubed clutch L-arm pivot. Clutch useable and alot lighter. Cable is ok. Acc and rear spheres changed. Choke adjusted, starts ok from cold now and fine from hot. Oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter are all new.

Things to do:

Rust and bodywork remedies
Spark plugs and leads
Clutch
Cambelt?
Check mixture and clean carb / check all lines.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Looks the biz. Nice one Max. :) 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

not bad at all,

Whats the situation regarding the disabled tax disc in Ireland ?

Over here unless you are disabled or you are the named driver on the relevant dept of works and pensions form it is illegal for you to drive the car on a disabled disc.

the police take a very dim view if they catch you as its considered fraud.
Normally you would have to go to the DVLA and get it reregistered as plg before you can drive it
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Brings back happy memories of my first BX! :)
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Whats the situation regarding the disabled tax disc in Ireland ?
There was no actual disc with the car, and it seems the guy i bought it from kept the car in the previous owner's name after buying it at auction. He entered the new tax class on the V5 when i bought it and sent that off, but i have since received a letter from the DVLA saying it has to be changed at a DVLA office or by post. I've looked into this but my insurance is Irish based and so I can't tax it as it doesn't come up on the UK system. They are happy to insure a UK registered car.

So i have declared it as SORN with the DVLA, i think that is the best thing to do at the minute until i get it re-registered. It's not going anywhere near a UK road, and if it does i can re-tax it there. I can give it Irish tax i think, the MOT is valid and it has insurance on it.
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Susan Donym wrote:the police take a very dim view if they catch you as its considered fraud.
Normally you would have to go to the DVLA and get it reregistered as plg before you can drive it
I got caught out with that on my first car - the seller advertised it as 12 months tax and sure enough, the expiry date was in a years time. So when I filled in the V5 and sent it off (that was when the buyer did that, not the seller) I requested a change from Disabled to PLG. I was then informed that I had to go to my DLVA office and pay for a new disc (which was about half the value of the car!)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

That looks great Max. Any staring appearances lined up in your next video?

I've got the tweed interior too - it's proper old school Citroen that soft armchair feel.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

yeah i like the tweed interior.

videos? I'll keep you posted. I'm envisaging a role for this one in a particular upcoming shoestring production I've got planned if i can get it off the ground.

Maybe some axle stands...
djm666
BXpert

nice BX

Post by djm666 »

looks like you have some nice cars there. keep up the good work.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Yours sounds like a nice line up too :)

this one needs a bit of work and i'd like to bring the Saab to the UK to get a few things done at some point but that's pretty good really, my wife's daily driver, bit thirsty! The XM has been viewed by someone and everything being well, it should be on it's way to reside in County Mayo on Friday. Thankfully he's a bit of an enthusiast so it should be in good hands.

I'm going to see a Mk1 BX on Wednesday. Apparently it was destined for New Zealand a couple of years ago but the laws changed and it was no longer viable. It had nearly everything replaced and overhauled by it's previous Cit mechanic owner in preparation for the move which never happened and is 'very solid'. A frugal 65HP diesel too.