WANTED - initial parts list

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

WANTED - initial parts list

Post by Dollywobbler »

Hi folks

Most urgent parts needed for my battered RD are:

Mk1 RHD mirror. Glass is missing, but would take entire housing.
165 width tyres - SORTED. I know some folk upgrade to wider, but if you've got good 165s about the place, I'd be interested.
Wiper assembly. LOTS of play in this one - unless the spindle can be replaced?
Timing belt kit, plus water pump.

I know I can get most of the above elsewhere, but thought I'd check here first!
Last edited by Dollywobbler on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Can't help with the 165 tyres but I have a pair of wheels here with 185-70-14 tyres in useable condtion (there is a wheel also with a 165 on but it's knacked)

I don't know what the difference is between mk1 and mk 2 mirrors but I have a pair of manual mirrors from a 1991 car.

All yours for free if you can get them collected from GL15 6LE, depends how deep in Wales you are I suppose, I'm about 13 miles from the Severn Bridge.Welsh side. :D
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Thanks. Wheels might be of interest. Need to ponder logistics (nr Aberystwyth here).

Mirror is no good as Mk1 mirrors are very different.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ian I have a mirror and a set of wheels and tyres you can have mate when I can pick up the wheel bolts from RXBX and fit my alloys.

Or could maybe bring to Stratford?

Tim.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Would you be able to post the mirror Tim? I can hopefully get tyres closer to home but I'll need a mirror for the MOT.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Yes mate no worries, im away in Germany for a few days with work as of tomorrow so will be when I get back, PM me your address. Did you need a pair?

Tim.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

VW gonna teach you how to sell the New, New, Beetle Tim. :wink: Don't forget to collect that leather interior up as well. 8)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

mds141 wrote:VW gonna teach you how to sell the New, New, Beetle Tim. :wink: Don't forget to collect that leather interior up as well. 8)
Haha no its a "Jolly" im off to Wolfsburg to see the factory and pick up my "Graduation" award for passing various courses. The Beetle launch is in November in Spain, and yes I am going 8)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Thanks to Gibbo for the wheels. I shall get them fitted tomorrow. Another step closer to the MOT!
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

My pleasure Ian, a bit less stuff to move from side to side in the yard. :)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Something else to add to the list. Thermostat (early type) and probably top hose as it's rock hard.

Pretty sure the thermostat has jammed shut, as the engine seems to get hot with no heat in the top hose/radiator at all. Thankfully, I've not run it for a very long time at once, but there was some steam from around the engine... (I fear the heater pipes aren't in the best of condition either). Really wish they fitted these things with a bloomin' temperature gauge! Ridiculous oversight.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

You can pick up the thermostat pretty cheap on Ebay but even from a factors I reckon a tenner? It's quite likely you'll have a few issues getting at it though - the housing bolts can become quite well integrated.

I have fitted two temp gauges to both my Mk.1s and it's straightforward - the most complicated part being tapping out one of the old sensors in the thermostat to fit the new sensor. I can advise if you need any help? I fitted something like this as I though it was more in keeping with the Mk.1 dash style. I think I paid fifteen quids two years ago.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... w3P538WdoB
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Thanks Todd. Something like that looks ideal. I usually try and get the 'stat bolts out with the engine hot - a bit of heat seems to help, though it pays to watch out for hot coolant when it all comes apart!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Dollywobbler wrote:Something else to add to the list. Thermostat (early type) and probably top hose as it's rock hard.

Pretty sure the thermostat has jammed shut, as the engine seems to get hot with no heat in the top hose/radiator at all. Thankfully, I've not run it for a very long time at once, but there was some steam from around the engine... (I fear the heater pipes aren't in the best of condition either). Really wish they fitted these things with a bloomin' temperature gauge! Ridiculous oversight.
Chris Salter had a real nightmare recently trying to get new heater pipes for his Mk1 TRD - the ones between the matrix and the back of the block. I think in the end they had to use some Mk2 hoses and sleeve them to fit or something...

Mark.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Drat. Oh well. Nowt that can't be overcome!