Mk1 BX 19RD Estate RHD! A new home

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

D'Wobbler wrote
So, was that the date it left the Citroën factory as a saloon or the date that Heuliez completed the build?
I think they were totally assembled by Heuliez using some of the parts from the saloon shipped in. That's what the info and pics of the factory that I've seen seem to indicate.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

You seem to be right, as your original thread suggests! Great images.
http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... ht=heuliez
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I don't have an owner's handbook for the BX (must track one down) so I'll have to ask - what does this red button do?
frog
BXpert

Post by frog »

What ever you do, don't touch the red button..
1989 Citroën BX 16v
1993 Citroën BX 16v project
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

He's right. Leave it alone

Clue:

:D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

There's no safety cover over that red button unlike his gearknob. :shock: :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Good answers!

Is it actually a switch or a coloured light? The left hand drive ones don't have it but it's all nicely fitted in its piece of plastic moulding so it's not aftermarket.

I have a green light on the top of the steering shroud that I could never work out what it did - something to do with when the towbar is connected was suggested? Do you have a towbar?

I have the owners handbook from 1985 for the BX diesels but L/H drive - I'll have a look.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I once had a MK1 which had the green light on top of the steering shroud, and yes it did flash with the indicators when a trailer was attached.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Seen Phil - but no funds. Work has come to a halt at the moment - desperately need to sell my Saab!

Also annoyed to have missed out on a BX rad on Ebay. It sold for £12. I bid £11.50 but made the mistake of going out before the sale ended...
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Looks like I'll need some rear seatbelts. The ones fitted seem to be knackered. "No worries," says I. "I've still got the seatbelts from when I bought that 16v interior a while back." Sadly, I can't get them to unroll either. If it had been registered in 1985, I could just remove them!

The belts on the car won't pull back in, and won't come out that far either. I'm pretty sure they've not been used in a very long time.

Very frustrating this lack of progress. If I had decent seatbelts and a radiator, I'd probably have lobbed it in for an MOT by now just to see what's what.
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

Dollywobbler wrote:Looks like I'll need some rear seatbelts. The ones fitted seem to be knackered. "No worries," says I. "I've still got the seatbelts from when I bought that 16v interior a while back." Sadly, I can't get them to unroll either. If it had been registered in 1985, I could just remove them!

The belts on the car won't pull back in, and won't come out that far either. I'm pretty sure they've not been used in a very long time.

Very frustrating this lack of progress. If I had decent seatbelts and a radiator, I'd probably have lobbed it in for an MOT by now just to see what's what.
simples

remove back seats and seatbelts when going for MoT.

The simple rule is if it is not fitted it cannot be tested.
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

messerschmitt owner wrote:The simple rule is if it is not fitted it cannot be tested.
Surely that only applies to some things though - taking it to a (daft) conclusion you could remove your braking system. Seriously though, I thought it was 1987 when rear seat belts became compulsary fitment to cars here. I certainly remember my Dad having to have seatbelts fitted to a similar aged car, and commenting on the fact that if it had been a year later they would have been already fitted.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Dollywobbler wrote:................
Hi Ian, I have a radiator, possibly rear seat belts too [-o<

PM sent !

:)

messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

mat_fenwick wrote:
messerschmitt owner wrote:The simple rule is if it is not fitted it cannot be tested.
Surely that only applies to some things though - taking it to a (daft) conclusion you could remove your braking system. Seriously though, I thought it was 1987 when rear seat belts became compulsary fitment to cars here. I certainly remember my Dad having to have seatbelts fitted to a similar aged car, and commenting on the fact that if it had been a year later they would have been already fitted.
if there are no back seats there needs to be no provision for rear seatbelts. As long as the vehicle satisfies the legalities of construction and use, it is fair game.

The rules have to satisfy many different types of vehicle and some do not have rear seats and therefore have to be catered for. Obviously, safety things that are required by ANY vehicle do have to be working, but things such as seats, even windscreens and wipers, do not need to be there and so, if they are not, you cannot be penalised for their lack of fitment in your vehicle.
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!