Free bx

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

ruffgeezer wrote: I must say that I'm disappointed that you all leapt straight for the pitchforks, even though several of you have dealt with us in the past, without knowing any of the facts.
Not all!
ruffgeezer wrote: both these cars had a good reputation on here, but neither of them were as good as stated in reality.
Good reputation?? Paul has jumed straight in with both feet twice and bought two ruff BX's, he bought the first one without seeing it because it was ''Black'', it was a shed right from the start and unfortunately he did very similar with the red one.
Unfortunately Paul if you don't stop inpulse buying and start looking beyond the paintwork you are likely to carry on getting stung.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

With the greatest of respect, when phrases like "sorted" get thrown around, it can be misleading for people, anyway what's done is done.

I will look over the car tomorrow and post up a new thread to see what interest there is in the car be it whole or in parts.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

ruffgeezer wrote:Oh hey, did you guys forget I was on here?

Tim
Hi Tim, I didn't and I half expected you to be along sooner or later possibly with some better information than what Paul has posted/explained !

As I'm sure your aware its hard work to decipher Pauls forum postings most of the time with his limited computer/communication skill's (But most folk have tried to help him when possible), so may I say a big thank for taking the time to post up the symptoms/diagnosis of whats needed to return the vehicle to a road worthy condition (As I'm sure Paul could never had done so with a single post) hopefully someone DIYer could take this on to save it unless the clock is ticking away too quickly for that to happen ?
ruffgeezer wrote:.................................
I must say that I'm disappointed that you all leapt straight for the pitchforks, even though several of you have dealt with us in the past, without knowing any of the facts.

Tim
Also Tim, could you please point out where you think that I have got a 'pitchfork out' as you put it :roll:

Thank you.

RxBX
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

I must apologise for the sweeping generalisation, but it gets my back up when people assume that we are trying to pull a fast one. It is an unfortunate by product of 12 years in an utterly thankless industry.

Whilst the idea that someone would come for the car is nice, we have been down that road on here before, I will take a good look at the car later, get some fresh photos, if Paul is happy to pass it on, i will give people until next monday to register their interests. We can't have it hanging round too long, so failing that I will get it removed from the site and grab any bits that people have requested be removed.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Ruffgeezer, i believe you've set the record straight & i for one don't have any issues, this is typical forum stuff tbh, the usual generalisations without knowing the full facts. I'm sure no one meant what you thought they meant by any comments left on this thread.

Paul's a lovely lad, but clarifying details isn't perhaps one of his strong points, i'm sure he'd agree & i mean no offence Paul by what i've said.

Hopefully someone can step into the breach & re-commission this car rather than it getting stripped for parts, but if no one's interested then hopefully the spares will keep others alive.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

MULLEY wrote:Ruffgeezer, i believe you've set the record straight & i for one don't have any issues, this is typical forum stuff tbh, the usual generalisations without knowing the full facts. I'm sure no one meant what you thought they meant by any comments left on this thread.

Paul's a lovely lad, but clarifying details isn't perhaps one of his strong points, i'm sure he'd agree & i mean no offence Paul by what i've said.

Hopefully someone can step into the breach & re-commission this car rather than it getting stripped for parts, but if no one's interested then hopefully the spares will keep others alive.
Nail. Head. Hit. Absolutely spot on.

I do worry (and I think I've been guilty of it myself at times) that this place CAN be very full of sweeping generalisations, name-calling and unfounded allegations. No, I don't expect that everyone will always get along, but I do worry at how lurkers and visitors see the club based on comments that have been made on this forum.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

its all because you lot don't know how and when to use smilies :D

smilies are the emotion that keyboards lack :lol:
so here's an :idea:

let Ruffgeezer know if you want anything off of Pauls car
dont go offtop:c
and no more argue:-( right now thats sorted I'm off for a ~ale~
after all its nearly :-reindeer
----^
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

=D> =D> =D> ..that_ ^^bx>
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Righto, If we can lock/delete this thread, I'll start a fresh one so it doesn't get confusing.
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

Yes i hope it can be used for good use. Now this renaults giving me one or 2 problerms. Its got a months warrinanty with it. I took it in today. They said they cant see nothing. Unless the light stays on.

Its the toxic fume filter system warning light.
Which is next to the abs light It keeps flassing it does. Then it goes off. The car feel lumpy low powerd at times. At low revs. When its on tick over the engine rocks it does. As if its a old diesle engine. But its a 1.8 16 valve petrol.
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

ruffgeezer wrote:Righto, If we can lock/delete this thread, I'll start a fresh one so it doesn't get confusing.
Done.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad