Reluctantly selling my BX14TGE - need the space & money!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Reluctantly selling my BX14TGE - need the space & money!

Post by citsncycles »

Due to space and financial issues, I've decided that I cannot keep both my BX and GS so one has to go, and by a narrow margin the GS is staying.

The BX has a new MOT and 6 months tax. It's done 148K miles, but the engine uses no oil (no need to top up between oil changes). In the last 12 months I've done the following:

fitted 4 new tyres (8k ago)
new alternator and hydraulic pump belts (5k ago)
fitted 2nd hand Citroen tow hitch, complete with Citroen plug n play wiring kit.
general service 4k ago
fitted strut return pipes on front passenger side.
welded up inner wings, rear of sills and the boot floor for the MOT.

general good points in addition to the above include a fully funtioning heater and fan, tidy interior and solid bodywork.

not so good points include a few dings, scratches and flaking laquer on the (delage red) bodywork, the rear suspension sinks quicker than I'd like (but works fine in use) and an intermittent fault on the low coolant level warning wiring (doesn't actually loose coolant).

Overall I'd say that currently the car is a good daily driver, but could be made really good with a bit of time an effort thrown at it.

I'm after £300 ono for it

I'll post some pictures when I've scrubbed it up tomorrow, and if the tax disc arrives in the post in time, I'm willing to take it to Stratford if anyone is interested in having a look.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I know I shouldn't, but I'd love to see some pictures...

Getting all nostalgic about my old 14 :(
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Will post some pics as soon as I remember where my camera is! :roll:
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I forgot to mention that there's a radio cassette with CD multichanger fitted that will go with the car if I get the asking price
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Well, the BX is off to pastures new after a trip to Stratford to find a new owner.It's going to a Citroen collector who's buying it for his son, who will restore it ready for when he passes his test - not that it needs much IMO.

I've advised them to join up here and they were already aware of us, so hopefully we'll see both them, and the car here again.

That's me BXless for the foreseeable future, but I'll stick around, shoving my oar in here & there. Once the GS is looking a bit more respectable I may rejoin the ranks of straight edge Citroen ownership (unless you count all those Dyanes in the barn!), although it may be a while as my ideal BX would be a suitcase engined Mk1 estate, which would probably have to come from France!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
harley bx boy

Post by harley bx boy »

hey mike cars coming along nicely i have chanced the intera so far loving it though hope you ok ( harley )
harley "14y"

bx 1400 tge in bit's.
xantia 1.6 turbo d vsx
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Glad to see its doing well, good luck.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
harley bx boy

Post by harley bx boy »

yea thankz :D
harley "14y"

bx 1400 tge in bit's.
xantia 1.6 turbo d vsx
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Glad it's gone to a good home - I miss it sometimes, especially at the moment as the GS's heater controls aren't the best!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

Ahhhhh!!! It now makes sense who's who!

I met both of you, mike and harley at stratford. This red BX was parked next to my white one at stratford.

Though I live in Bristol, I do frequent the Stroud, Dursley, Arlingham area quite often!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

not that often! Where were you today when an extra pair hands would actually have been useful!?! Bloody part timers!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

well, as I'm on holiday, I didn't bother getting out of bed till 3pm, then I got some sad news, and I didn't feel like going out after that...