Total clear-out

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

Richard,

Email sent regarding tailblazer and door covers.

Mike P
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I think it's most important that this Digit is saved by a proper enthusiast rather than sold on elsewhere. I'm a thousand kms too far out but I would take it on if the logistics weren't so extreme.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I know I've just sold my BX, & I'm fully committed to getting the GS finished this winter, but what exactly does the Digit need? Welding? interior? Electrics? More welding?

And of course, the all important question - price?

Oh God, I knew I couldn't keep the fleet down for long!!! :twisted:
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Both tailblazers and cubby doors sold .
Thanks Guys.
Any sensible offers for the cars? loads of interest in the bits but i suppose you all have a Bx already?
Theve got to go before the weather turns bad .
Richard.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

The Digit wont get scrapped, trust me, I wont let it happen.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Oh no i didnt intend to scrap any of the Mk1,s but i do reckognize that a dead Mk2 hasnt got much appeal other than juicy bits like GT style rear spoilers and remote plips etc which are getting hard to find and will be removed before squashing if nobody wants them and again offered to you guys.
I only get a day off through the week so that doesnt leave many free days before the weather gets grim up at the farm which gives me a sense of urgency to move the cars. The parts are all safe and dry in the garage so no problem holding off disposing of that lot.
I know im going to truly regret selling all the cars but at the moment a job is a job and ive got a wife ,2 kids and a wopping mortgage to pay and if working 60 hour weeks is what it takes then so be it.
I cant see myself been Citroen -less forever although im running an Alfa 156 V6 at the moment and loving it(if i keep my license ) god its quick.
Regards Richard.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

the 156 is a great car. I'm still tempted by my mates GTV Lusso..
anyhow, the DIGIT.. I need another BX like a hole in the head.. and ironically it's now further very much farther away than it was when Dave had it, and again, I may have missed a large part of the story here (things got involved with a female type for a while.. (that was also a logisitical nightmare 10K miles worth infact, anyhow I digress) but when last I saw the DIGIT it ran and drove anyway..
It does need lots of welding, and a respray, but it's such a cool car it's totally worth it, so someone buy it FFS before I have to..

There were 3 known RHD DIGIT's still alive, but that was a good 3 years ago, so god knows, it could be the only genuine one left now, and it HAS to go back on the road.. lets face it, they were near unique over here anyway!
So, someone, for the love of god buy it, now! Please.. I have a bus to finish and a DIGIT's just going to get right in the way at the farm... but.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ace_the_bass
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ace_the_bass »

Alright mate. I'm interested in the headlamp covers and the blip and reciever. Where are you based and how much do you want for them?
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Digit?

We need a banging your fucking head against a wall smiley! When that car was offered up I stepped up, said I could give it a proper home and restore it. It was local(ish) to me too.

This Richard chap beat me to it, but (and I don\'t mean anything by this at all) I could have bet it wouldn\'t end up getting the restoration it deserved in his ownership, purely based on the turnarond of cars in his possesion. I was ignored by David.R throughout too, which annoyed me as I\'d given him a complete 16v rear axle not long before.

So now the car is available again, only so far away it\'d be completely impractical for me to consider it. Joy!

Credit for offering your \"stock\" on here rather than trying to screw a quick buck on eBay though. Hats off etc.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

PM sent about the DIGIT - well you don't know if you dont ask, do you :D
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

citsncycles wrote:PM sent about the DIGIT - well you don't know if you dont ask, do you :D
citsncycles wrote:I'd have to say that the recession had a big part to play in my decision to sell. After buying a motorbike in an effort to cut down on commuting costs, then finding that I enjoyed it, I just wasn't using the BX enough to justify keeping it. If I could have worked out a way of doing so, I'd have kept it, as it's the most modern car I could see myself owning at the moment!
Are you sure about this Mike?

It's time this car went to someone that can actually bring it back to it's former glory not just to someone who would like to? No offence meant :wink:

Pitty we can't find a way of using the BXC member relay service to get it down to Kich. Richard has a trailer, I have a tow bar fitted for the first leg? :idea: :wink:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

No offence taken. To answer your question, no I'm not sure, that's why I've asked. I need to know more about what I'd be getting myself into, because like anyone here, I'm better at some areas of restoration than others.

To be honest, I'd be glad to hear that it's gone to a good home elsewhere. I would definately get restore a car like this, but I couldn't tell you when, and I'd have to find a home for at least one of the Dyanes (probably given away) to make space for it. I know someone who would take one of them off my hands on that basis if it came to it, and I'm sure I could also find a home quickly for the Trabant. I would also regard this BX, and any MK1 for that matter, more as a collectors vehicle, while I viewed the 14 I had simply as transport. It's why the 14 was the car to go, as it was the least 'classic' (for want of a better description) of the cars I have.

I know from experience that lots of interest in a car can come to nothing. I've also stepped back from a vehicle because of all the interest of 'more suitable' owners, only to later find that either it never sold, or the more suitable owner turned out be another me!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

citsncycles wrote:I would definately get to restore a car like this, but I couldn't tell you when, and I'd have to find a home for at least one of the Dyanes
1990 TGD N/A Auto; my everyday commuter
1996 TZD Turbo; school bus / everyday commuter
1993 Mitsibushi L300 Auto Diesel (divebus)
GS Club Estate, Dyane Nomad, Dyane 6 (x2), 2CV AZL, 3x Land Rovers (88" series 1, 109" series 2a FFR, series 2a Marshall ambulance), DKW F7, Mobylette SP93, Vulcan Custom 125, Ural Cossack, Ural M63, lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams, Raleighs, Higgins & Bates!

Works for me :!: :lol:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Oh if I could find a way of getting it back down here I\'d jump at it. I could offer that car a full-on restoration - I even work in the industry.

We do have a trailer and 110 Defender at work, but to be honest the thing is so juicy on fuel, even without a trailer that\'d it\'d cost me hundreds of pounds to pick it up. I\'m not going to sink money into collecting a car I could have picked up for relatively little if given the chance before - I could sink it into my 16v.

I can only assume David had the hump with me over something - no one can ignore you for that long and not have an issue. Saying he\'s busy doesn\'t cut it with me either, a reply takes seconds to write even if it\'s just to say \"sorry, I\'ve offered the car to someone else.\"

So yeah, I could sort that car out properly but I couldn\'t afford to get it down here, even if I was willing to. Which I wouldn\'t be based on the reasons above.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)