Total clear-out

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i'd love all 3 !!! if only............ :!: would love the GT, and the silver mk1 be fun to have!
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

The digit needs ALOT of TLC, but it would be the coolest BX around when its done, and everything mendable (if you have a welder), if you flick back to David's posts on how he saved the car from the scrap man by half an hour or so this car deserves to find a loving home who will will restore her to her former glory.

Plus I'm a bit bored of being the only GT at shows now! :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Roverman wrote:Even at £250 its not expensive, its probably the only left in the UK?
AFAIK there are 3 RHD DIGITs in existence, none are on the road, and this is probably the best one remaining, assuming the other 2 haven't been scrapped by now..
That said, make no mistake, i've seen this car in the flesh more than once, it needs MASSIVE amounts of work ro return it to the road, let alone make it look mint..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
PhilGreaves
BXpert
My Cars: CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..

1984 Citroen BX 16TRS restored and now with fully functional power steering..!
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but antisink fitted)

Post by PhilGreaves »

docchevron wrote:
AFAIK there are 3 RHD DIGITs in existence, none are on the road, and this is probably the best one remaining, assuming the other 2 haven't been scrapped by now..
That said, make no mistake, i've seen this car in the flesh more than once, it needs MASSIVE amounts of work ro return it to the road, let alone make it look mint..
In which case what condition are the others like? I know that sounds like im knocking this one but i'm really not/don't mean that it in a nasty way im just curious...

Any way of confirming that this is the last left?

also
docchevron wrote: a bus
(from your signature)
please tell me its a daimler?...

Suppose Richard did pay £500 (im guessing) for the silver GT + transport home and again transport for the Digit...

Have just looked now and theres 1 bid on the Digit and 2 on the GT...come on who is it?? :wink: :lol:
regards
Phil & Earl

1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS mk 1 "Earl" restored sept 2011 and now with fully functional power steering..!

CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but anti-sink fitted)
anaconda
BXpert

Post by anaconda »

The digit seems to be significant because of its 'star wars' dash. If its beyond repair Why not fit this item to another mk 1 BX? A compromise but may be a goer.
1991 BX TGD Saloon
1990 VW T25 Camper. Currently on sabbatical
PhilGreaves
BXpert
My Cars: CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..

1984 Citroen BX 16TRS restored and now with fully functional power steering..!
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but antisink fitted)

Post by PhilGreaves »

anaconda wrote:The digit seems to be significant because of its 'star wars' dash. If its beyond repair Why not fit this item to another mk 1 BX? A compromise but may be a goer.
yep fair point seems to have been Richards motivation behind the GT purchase.....

come on who's bidding? Don't keep us all in suspense...
regards
Phil & Earl

1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS mk 1 "Earl" restored sept 2011 and now with fully functional power steering..!

CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but anti-sink fitted)
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

On Ebay now? Well fair\'s fair. They were all given a decent amount of time on here weren\'t they? What was it, 3 whole days?

Normally I don\'t begrudge anyone making a quick buck on a car, but this takes the piss. I don\'t have an issue with anyone other than David regarding where the car has and will end up, as although he\'s the reason the car was saved, he\'s also the reason I never got the chance with it. I know this is how it would end up too - that\'s what makes it annoying.

Makes my piss boil how it\'s all turned out in honesty, but there you go. Hopefully a proper enthusiast will finally get their hands on it and sort it out.
Last edited by Kitch on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

come on who's bidding? Don't keep us all in suspense...
Not me I'm afraid. I costed out collection at £250, then sat down and worked out the running costs and came to the reluctant conclusion that after buying, collecting then spending god knows how long restoring, I would probably still use the GS in preference to the Digit.

Yes, it's 1 of 3 possible survivors, and would probably be the only one on the road when done, but I've already got rarer Citroens than that in the collection. If there had been no bids I may have had a pop, but I've already been spared that one.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I agree with Anaconda, it would be far easier to convert another car into a 'digit'.

Perhaps the purists would not like that, but otherwise the digit will probably become completely extinct.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

..that_

I was discussing this earlier with Tim. Seems a thoroughly sensible option.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Are there many differences between a mk1 and mk2 shell?

Only reason I ask is we still have a shell in the back workshop at work, it's had most of a k plate diesel built into it, however it was never put on the road as that identity so would perhaps be a better option?
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Could it be re-shelled and keep it's original identification no.s?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Well if the shell was new (it was in 1994!) and had not had an identity assigned, which is the only grey area, I am not 100% certain on where the rebuild got to, only that it was never completed.

The system for identity works on x amount of points for each component, but with a brand new shell, there probably wouldn't be an issue. For example you can buy heritage shells for minis, midgets etc, but they can retain their identities.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

The shell itself is the same (or in as much as you\'d never notice) except for the rear doors - IIRC theres something different about them which allows one to be fitted to the other but not the other way around. The ID isn\'t exactly hard to sort is it? ;)

It can\'t be that bad though. To switch everything into a different shell will be more work than sorting that shell out IMO. And I\'ve driven that car :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

ruffgeezer wrote:Are there many differences between a mk1 and mk2 shell?
Not really no, the rear 1/4s are slightly different but not much else really, everything else is interchageable.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....