Alternator sourced - anyone got a sunroof mechanism cover?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
scooters
Confirmed BX'er

Alternator sourced - anyone got a sunroof mechanism cover?

Post by scooters »

The brushes and slip ring are goosed on my alternator (Valeo A13N181- BX16 Meteor). In addition the rectifier is looking pretty grim as well. Anyone have an alternator for sale?

Also I am looking for a sunroof mechanism cover

cheers

Rich
Last edited by scooters on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1991 BX16 TGS Meteor (arriving soon)
1996 306 TD
1997 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Quadcam
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Hi bud,

maybe easier to take your old one to a local engineering co and have yours refurbed. Did that with mine. Mind you there was a lot on feebay recently.

Andy
scooters
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scooters »

cheers Andy - engineer wants £50 - if I do it myself the parts add up to about £45 - I called a scrappy I use in Rotherham who do mail order - £42 for a refurb with a 12 month warranty seems pretty decent to me - it turns up on Friday - until then the car has a whopping battery from a Daimler Double Six which should keep me in lights and wipers till then!
1996 306 TD
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Thats good bud,

got one myself off feebay recently and it failed 4 hours into a 5 hour journey, well pissed me off.
Glad its sorted with warranty. As ive 3 BXs now[and poor] ive a spare one just in case.

Andy
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

by sunroof mechanism cover I guess you mean the grey plastic cover that
has the red bulge for the IR remove receiver?

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

It's the cover you open when you want access to the sunroof motor/gears for manual winding etc. - this Meteor ain't got remote central locking so no red bulge.

The car knew I was about to sell it so the cover kept falling off - one of the plastic locating clips was broken.

Mark.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

scooters wrote:until then the car has a whopping battery from a Daimler Double Six which should keep me in lights and wipers till then!
They used to be air cooled with their own cooling fan built onto the front of the battery housing. :shock:

I have a sunroof mechanism in grey you can have if you still need one and your not just selling the car on for a quick buck?, If so PM me your address and i'll stick it in the post.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
scooters
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scooters »

Thanks for the offer Defender -

Hold onto it just now - I have an idea I may be able to fix the one that is no longer sticking using cunning soldering iron appliation and a but of judicious bending! If it all goes tits up, ie clip breaks causing hand to make contact with soldering iron and much swearing and pain I'll come back to you.

Obviously anything goes but I have no intention to sell the Meteor - it is my primary transport at the moment and is running very well indeed - I especially like the simplicity and engineering elegance of the package despite the fact the car lacerates me every time I wave a spanner at it!
1996 306 TD
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

scooters wrote:despite the fact the car lacerates me every time I wave a spanner at it!
I have a dog like that.

Andy
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

scooters wrote:despite the fact the car lacerates me every time I wave a spanner at it!
Only real Citroens do this. The GSA is very good at this too.

BX hand lacerating jobs: removing HT leads from sparkplugs, removing rad switch connector from above, tightening HP pump belt jockeywheel adjuster and pivot bolts... from above. Even just removing the oil filler cap was potential for laceration - yep I managed it once..

Mark
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

mnde wrote: BX hand lacerating jobs: removing HT leads from sparkplugs,
This one I have solved by using a weeding tool intended for gardening. The cleft end fits around the front of the rubber SP Cap and the curved leverage part of the tool rests on the intake manifold. Pops off the cap with controlled ease! :D

mnde wrote:Even just removing the oil filler cap was potential for laceration - yep I managed it once..
Agreed this has the potential. I rock it off as it's so tight, but each time think "what a cr*p design". Can be messy putting oil in too when you get that air bubble blow-back! :shock: :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto