Total clear-out

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

Cubby hole doors for estate? I'll PM.
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

Richard,

Without wanting to cut across the previous poster in this thread:

I have just got back from the business trip to Germany I was on and you have 2 emails this week concerning the cubby hole doors.

Thank you,

Mike P
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Still got a couple of pairs of headlamp protectors ,loads and loads of lamps both front but mainly tail and huggins of BX steelies with decent tread tyres.
Rear bumper,some doors and wings,loads of wheeltrims.chrome grill,
Richard.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Richard

I need a RUST free osr door, light colour if possible. If you have any WIDER steelies let me know.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
frog
BXpert

Post by frog »

Hi Richard,

Just wondering how much postage would be to 4013 Brisbane QLD Australia for a pair (or two) of mk2 head lamp protectors.

Cheers,
Chris
1989 Citroën BX 16v
1993 Citroën BX 16v project
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

frog wrote:Hi Richard,

Just wondering how much postage would be to 4013 Brisbane QLD Australia for a pair (or two) of mk2 head lamp protectors.

Cheers,
Chris

Hmm I wonder of they would get there intact!

Your best contacting im via email Chris.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

my extremely rare Hyundai Trajet headlamp protectors made it here from Aus ( they weren't available on the British market ) but then again Royal Mail were only involved for the last bit of the journey
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Any headlamp protectors left ?
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Various people wrote:Stuff about me, and what has happened to the Digit
Well well well. Amazing what happens when my life takes a massive change, and I'm unable to do anything I used to, like reading web forums and the like...

Kitch. I wansn't trying to ignore you. Richard did indeed "beat you to it" and you did state at the time that you didn't really have the time to restore the Digit, so he seemed like the person to take it on. I am sorry if you think I was ignoring you, but I wasn't trying to.

I wan't ignoring anyone else either. Doc, you may remember I mentioned I had to move from where I was living, and I really meant it this time?

Well, that happened. I was given notice to move out from my flat in Dorset, which anyone who has been there will agree is an absolutely mammoth task. It absolutely consumed every moment of my life, given that I was actually living 100 miles away at the time for work, whch often had (and still has) me working away from home, and generally absorbs me completely. On top of that, where I was moving to in with girlfriend, we were given notice to move from there too, as the landlord is a lying wanker. This meant I had some of my stuff still in Dorset, some of it moved to my parents' in mid wales, some of it moved to west sussex, some of it in a lock-up owned by my work, and some of it dragged off to the scrap man.

..and all of it had to be dealt with.

In the last 6 months or so, I've driven 30000 miles, many of which with a trailer on, been 24hrs from being homeless, been absolutley screwed over on the purchase of two different houses, and nearly bankrupted.

I'm getting a bit pissed off with it all.

... and now I discover that the person who took the Digit on for free on the understanding that it was to be restored has just shoved it on the bay of snot and flogged it on to an unknown. Richard... I bloody told you that if you weren't going to do anything with it to call me as I might be able to do something with it. As it happenes, my parents now have a dry storage barn, and it could have lived there for a bit until the dust settles on my life, and I could give it the restoration it deserves. At the very least I'm fairly sure with all the billions of miles I've been doing I could have picked it up on a trailer and delivered it to Kitch for free to give it the restoration it needs.

But no.. it ends up on fucking eBay. Exactly where it doesn't deserve to be.

During this absolute mess of moving houses I have scrapped about 4 tonnes of metalwork, which has been bad enough given the effort I've gone to over the years to keep bits and pieces, but I've managed to keep hold of everything rare and difficult to source. Should have done the same with the Digit shouldn't I. FFS.

This is the first weekend I've had "off" in what feels like a lifetime. I kinda wish I hadn't bothered and was in blissful ignorance.
this might be a signature
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Hi David,

Firstly can I say, for me personally, its great to hear from you even under these circumstances and know that your reasonably ok.

Its horrible when you get screwed around, especially when you are doing things with the best of intentions.

It completely kills off your trust in others.

Its even worse when it happens to someone, who I have always found to be a true gentlemen, that usually puts himeslf out for others before thinking of himself.

I genuinely hope the dust is beginning to settle for you mate .
keep your chin up.
Best regards
Mick
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Sorry to here of your woes David but in reference to the digit I think many where shocked you gave it to him as when has he ever restored anything, he has always been a buy it and flog it merchant.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Hindsight is an amazing thing really, and if I could make the decision again without all the pressures I was under at the time, it would be a different decision. With the time pressures I was under, it seemed like I was doing the right thing. Kitch, I'm sure you will say that you could have come and got it in the same timeframe, and that it would currently be restoration underway, but at the time what I did felt like the only option...

Clearly it wasn't, but I defy anyone to say that they wouldn't make decisions differently if they weren't under pressure from people like landlords, work, ex bosses who still owe you large sums of money, etc, etc.

...and I'll probably make some more bad decisions too, given the fact that I am still under a lot of pressure, and will have another house move to contend with in the next couple of months, with all the chaos that involves. Deep bloody joy.
Last edited by DavidRutherford on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi David, sorry to hear of your woes; those close to me will tell you I've been in similar situations, so I wholeheartedly sympathise, mate.

As for the fate of the Digit I am appalled. I know there are two sides to every story, so I'd be interested to see what Richard's take on it is!

I do hope the buyer of the Digit sees sense and the car returns to the fold. One the other hand, (morality of the situation aside) if the eBay sale results in a Digit back on the road, it can't all be bad. And I'm sure it wouldn't be long before we got another member on here.

Chin up.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

.. and the plot thickens. Well, actually it thins somewhat.

Having had an email conversation with the afforementioned Mr Richard D, it appears that the Digit in fact did not sell, and is currently tucked up in a dry garage. I suspect he had a change of heart when it comes to the Digit, and realised it shouldn't be flogged on.

I shan't go into the details of exactly what has happened and for what reasons, as that is for Richard and Richard only to explain if he chooses, but suffice to say that I am far less ticked off by his actions, and believe that he (as I did) made the best choice he could under difficult conditions.

I think the main issue was that his eyes were bigger than his driveway, or his time available. This is no criticism though... I am just as bad if not worse, hence the reason the Digit had no work done to it for the last howeverlong, and I still own 5 CX's.....

What can I say. Everyone does things they believe are for the right reasons at the time, and other people have opinions on those decisions, but given that they were not the person who had to actually make that decision, they can say whatever they want, but they weren't the person who actually had to make said decision under pressure at the time.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

DavidRutherford wrote:I wan't ignoring anyone else either. Doc, you may remember I mentioned I had to move from where I was living, and I really meant it this time?
you did indeed, but I did send you some Emails, tried to call a few times, and you once sent me a picture message (my phones far too steam powered to recieve MMS) so I text you straight back, and I neevr got a reply. I assumed I'd pissed you off, which saddened me more than the outcome with the car since I'd like to have thought we were / are friends.

I appreciate things have been beyond manic for you, and I did offer to come lend a hand, as did others from the other place, and none of us ever heard from you again..

Anyway, to move on, Richard still has the DIGIT then? In which case, Richard, is it still available?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...