Wheel Trims to swap.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
themildbunch
BXpert

Post by themildbunch »

hi kevan...

no - just been sitting on the street :oops:

going to do the belts and acc. this week though so will get them off then....
sorry for the delay
1988 BX 19 Gti 16v
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
hvanman
BXpert

Post by hvanman »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Remember a car never gets as good a clean as you give it when you first acquire it - no matter how old it is - and as was proved by the way our red TGD came up, a bit of elbow grease works wonders. I admit though, faded metallics are tricky but still, a deep clean, couple of layers of tinted T-Cut polish - worked well in - and a good top coat of a good wax will work wonders. *TIP* Autoglym bumper care lightly applied on the black stuff (including the window frames/rubbers) first will not only get dull grey/blacks looking a fresher black (and the contrast enhances what you do to the rest of the car) but will protect things, such as the door handles and wing mirror mounts, from being overly stained by the polishes.

Look forward to seeing how you get on. By the way, the No.9 trims - a pain though they are (because they're secured by the bolts) - are fairly easily restored if the paints gone assuming there's no significant damage to the plastic.
Many thanks for the great advice, the paint is in a terrible state, with something that seems to have run down the bonnet, taking the top coating off as it goes, plus strange black mottled patches all over the roof, combined with several different shades of silver..... still, it looks better now than yesterday....

Hadn't thought about repainting the hub caps, good idea, just need to find the right shade of paint, but must look better than now.... mind you, a nice set of speedlines would be ever better.. :wink:
richg
Confirmed BX'er

Wheel trims TXD/Meteor

Post by richg »

Hi
I`m looking for a set of wheel trims for my TXD.Do you have any of these?
themildbunch
BXpert

Post by themildbunch »

No more.. just spare 'spikey' ones for my tzd's ... they turn up every now and again on eBay..
1988 BX 19 Gti 16v
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate