NOT FOR SALE: The Green Tiger, BX19TGD estate

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

NOT FOR SALE: The Green Tiger, BX19TGD estate

Post by Dollywobbler »

Sad to report that my friend urgently needs to sell the BX he bought from me (or a guitar or PC soundcard that may mean he can keep the BX).

(Picture taken in 2009)

I haven't seen the car since March, and it hasn't been serviced since I owned it. However, it has had a replacement rear suspension unit after developing a leak (about two weeks after I sold it...) and I had a ridiculous amount of work done to the car during my ownership. That included timing belt, hydraflush, new alternator, replacement starter motor, ARB drop links, a front suspension arm and a fair bit more I can't remember.

It's not problem free. The new owner is a smoker, corrosion is making its mark (washer bottles, rear crossmember, LH rear wing, the heater control is a bicycle brake cable (I think the tap may have jammed too) and the driver's seat is a bit scruffy. It is also still covered in green stripes (stickers). However, it is overall very sound, has half a year's MOT and a couple of months of tax. Currently located in Ramsgate and he's asking for offers. Has to be worth £295 of anyone's money I would have thought? It's a great car and I often regret selling it. However, I hope to get my Mk1 up to the same mechanical condition and can't really justify two BX diesel estates. I have tried...

Contact MistahG of this parish, or drop me a PM if you're interested.
Last edited by Dollywobbler on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I might know of someone interested, but do you know if the MOT lasts until May 16th?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I'll try and find out.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

MOT is up to 26th May. Perfect!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

What's the significance with the date? The Citroen Classic Challenge maybe? :wink:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Maybe! But I thought I'd leave it up to you to suggest that it's the perfect Challenge vehicle... :wink:
It was actually Charlotte & Matt I was thinking of, as they were on the lookout for a diesel estate. This is only just down the road from them too so I've sent her the link.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I haven't heard anything from Charlotte for a while TBH and I did point her in the direction of several recent BXs... But you are right it'd suit them :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Mistah G has got himself a job at the eleventh hour, so the BX will remain with him. Sad for anyone interested but rather pleasing for Mistah G!