Mk1 BX 19RD Estate RHD! A new home

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Thanks Tim! Looks like I might be able to make the trip over to see you in the actual car, just still not sure when. I don't need any more wheel trims though - I've got three that were with the car (but not currently fitted) and another four from Artic-steel.

The chap has even been trying to pull the dent out of the LH rear door - I told him it's not worth bothering really. It's quite rusty (albeit not as rusty/broken as the LH front door!)

On the subject of seals - the door and window seals on the offside are completely knackered. Can you get them and what are they like to fit?
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Door seals are easy, they just push on but I dont have spare. The drivers door is bare but the nsf and nsr come complete with seals etc.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

She's back! Bit of a crisis on collection as the fuel filter housing had developed a pin hole and she wouldn't start. Bodged it with chemical metal to get home but does anyone have a spare fuel filter housing? It's the long, metal type.

New tailgate is in place, so she's actually useable as an estate for the first time since I bought her. So much more refined now there isn't a huge hole in the boot floor and air escaping around the wonky tailgate! None of the work is pretty, but she's considerably more solid and it set me back a reasonable £300. I've still got to sort the wiring out. The chap wired up the number plate lights before admitting defeat - the joys of French wiring! However, to be fair to him, that leaves the car in the same state it was in when it went to him ie the HRW and rear wiper don't work.

Pics to follow later.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Ian,

i think i may have what you want, came off Sophie so fingers crossed. Ile have to go out into the dark depths of my outbuiding to find it as i cant remember zackly where i put it, dont think i threw it.

Andy
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Found it.

Is this the one you mean? It measures 14.5cms by 8cms at the rim.

All there but will need a slight clean inside and out.

Andy[img][img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd12 ... re1514.jpg[/img][/img]
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

That's the very fellow. How much do you want for it Andy?
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ah Ha!

Thats what I need for the 19TZD, Ive bought filters that the factors said were right, but they are cartridge types (I have two spare) one Citroen and one Mahle?.

Where can you buy those from.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Here are the pics. I've now upgraded to a Mk1 19TRS estate!

Tailgate doesn't entirely match, but then it's hard to find any part of the car to match to...

I'm very impressed with this repair given how thin the roof metal is. Very little distortion.

'Temporary' repair to the rear wing. Much better! Again, the paint match was judged unimportant at this stage.

This bracket for the rear bumper is all bent out of shape. Can you get them anywhere? Are they the same as the hatch?
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Im sure someone has a bumper clip knocking about, I think they are the same as the hatch model.

Its coming along Ian, you be careful, or you will be polishing it next! :lol:
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Pfffft! I think the polishing days are a long way off! It needs some paint for me to polish first...
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Ian,

its yours bud, just pm me your ad,

Sorry Tim, Ian asked first.

These things are very hard to come by but i managed to get a whole new system for Sophie so its spare and i dont think the replacment i found will
wear out for a while.

Its good to keep Mk1s on the road.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Its ok guys I wasnt after that one, just where I can get one from.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Tim,
local motor factors got the whole unit for me, wasnt cheap but kept Sophie on the road.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ahh ok, its only the filter I need.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Ah, thats not a problem, think i have the reference for that .

Ile pm you when i find it.

Andy