My MK1 BX 19 DTR Saloon

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
robt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by robt »

God I wish the engine bay of mine was clean as yours Philip :oops:

Oil and LHM everywhere on mine...A clean up and general tightening up of things is on the to do list!
robt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by robt »

Roverman wrote:
but its quite a bit slower too (that 6bhp makes ALL the difference)!
It makes for a more relaxed driving style I find :) Now I've stopped trying to rush along in my RD it's an easier, more pleasant drive.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

A quick update on the oil oiler, mechanically all is well thanks to Ken's magic fingers and she drives great. I have changed the air and fuel filters and stuck some redex diesel injector cleaner in as I think maybe shes a bit "gummed up".

The filthy and rather smelly interior is out (except for a drivers seat and dash) and has been thoroughly steam cleaned and looks and smells 100 times better although will eventually be replaced with the one from the 16TRS, her winter hibernation starts on Monday (7th Nov) when she swops places with the Xantia.

From then on, 3 doors, both front wings, and bumpers will be coming off, I've also purchased a NEW Mk1 rear quater which I want to get fitted over the festive period, lets just hope there is something to weld too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2FQUARTER-PANEL-CITROEN-BX-LEFT-HAND-REAR-GENUINE-BOXED-%2F180271906282&ei=q1myTrSFBcLc8APd6LyEBQ&usg=AFQjCNFcDnCCH6haizbkdo6VowFQ0oZJOw

The metric alloys have gone off to a local "polisher" to see if he can make them shine again and ive got a set of new lamps, and bits and bobs to fit when she ready to go back together.

I still need a drivers side rear door though so if you have one (colour unimportant) please let me know!!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Well deconstruction started today, front wings, bonnet, bumper and lamps are all off, the inner wings and A posts are totally solid and rust free! :shock: , as ususal the bumper screw fixings were all rusted solid as they are the stupid MK1 metal clip type not the plastic insert as Mk2 so they had to be cut off, thankfully the frony bumper isnt to be reused so it didnt matter.

I tried to getthe rear one off but only the top middle fixing came undone, so I may have to get RXBX and his wonderful grinder on the job as it has to be removed for when the near 1/4 panel gets fitted.

If anyone has any of the Mk1 bumper fixings screw I would be very grateful as I dont want to reuse the existing cross point screwdriver type ones.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Are you scrapping it or repairing it. :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

ken newbold wrote:Are you scrapping it or repairing it. :lol:
Tut! Im taking off the knackered panels and treating the underneath before I fitthe newly painted ones.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I think this will make a great car and be much envied in time to come :D
They think it's all over, it is now!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Cheers Ken, the plan is to have it looking the part ready for the ICCR.
WESTON89
Confirmed BX'er

Post by WESTON89 »

Roverman wrote:Image

Oh no! What have you done to it Tim!! :lol: See, I told you it was a sound car really!

Seriously though, Im glad to see it receiving the care it needed. :D

Dom
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Cheers Dom

The plan was to spend this week cleaning down and rust treating all the inner wings etc, but a broken arm has put pay to that.

Still I will doing a bit at a time. Next to come off is the 2 N/S doors, I have the new 1/4 panel ready to be fitted, just have to butter my body man up to fit it!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Panels are now in primer waiting to be painted, ive heard from my wheel man to say that the Mk1 metric alloys I gave him are now done :D

Roll on spring so I can ge cracking!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Looks a cracker Tim,

Am trying to be brave and do Sophie soon. Did her exhaust last w/end but as she drives well, may wait till MOT expires in August.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Grenman wrote:Looks a cracker Tim,

Am trying to be brave and do Sophie soon. Did her exhaust last w/end but as she drives well, may wait till MOT expires in August.

Andy
Trust me Sophie was in a much tidier state than this one, as the tax was out and winter was coming I decided to take her to bits and get cracking, I couldnt live with the tatty looks any longer.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Looking forward to coming to play Mk1 part swapsies later in the month. Hadn't noticed the BX graphics on the front doors before! Awesome!