Anything about BXs
sarahjaneking
BXpert
My Cars: 1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch
2006 Silver C8 2.0 Hdi

Post by sarahjaneking »

opposite to Mulley really,

My TZD is used daily, work during the week and kids activities at the weekend.

My TXD is currently sat in my mates yard looking sad, not least because i keep nicking bits off her for the other one :(. At one point both were used daily and the TXD was only retired due to lack of parking where we live!
1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch (although I don't know where it is - seriously!!!)
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch (we've been apart for 3 years but now reunited)
KevR
1K Away
My Cars: It's all in my signature

Post by KevR »

1 x TZD estate in daily use. Well, not quite daily as I work from home, but frequent local use punctuated with fairly regular 2-3 day, 1000-mile round trips back to UK, all adding up to 60k miles in the last 5 years with no major trauma. It gets fixed when it needs it, serviced occasionally, starting to get a bit tatty now (lacquer peeling off the metallic paint epecially) but still solid.

1 x TZD estate which used to fulfill the same purpose, but has been off the road for five years, since buying the other one coincided with this one spitting its water pump out. Has now reached the front of the queue for putting back on the road, at which point I'll run them both (the second one is now covered under my classic fleet policy so that's peanuts).

1 x 16 TRS estate converted to TZD spec with bits from a crashed low mileage saloon, then itself written off, cut up, and all the parts squirelled away in the attic for later.
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

We've only got the Hurricane on the road at the minute and it usually only goes out at weekends due to the 2 newer Citroens, it also regularly gets a few short runs in the week to the shops and back. When it does come out at weekends it usually gets driven pretty far town to town etc.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
crb
BXpert
My Cars: BX 1.9D Meteor
Saab 9-3 1.9TD Estate

Post by crb »

I'm using the Meteor almost daily now it has its new MOT, I want to see what potential problems I'll get when going on my European trip later in the year - 3000 miles in 10 days (Hence why I can't come on the Challenge this year :( ). Considering the money I have spent getting it through the MOT I'll definitely be keeping it for a good couple of years (hopefully)
Colin - Returning to BX's for the challenge.

BX19 TGD Meteor 1991
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I use mine in rotation to keep them well and on the road.
The n/a diesel estate is used the most though. Pickup used every day for work, mazda now and then.

Andy
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

My 16V is a weekend only car. It gets mostly looked at when I have to go into the garage for DIY tools.

SORNed for the winter now and will gets 6 months tax in April.

Mike P
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I bought the meteor to replace my mk2 golf GTi because its a bit bigger , a much smoother ride, it also has power steering so Julie can drive it as well and hopefully will be cheaper to run.

Because of the lack of heater in the BX I have been using the golf in the freezing mornings and the BX in the afternoons,

However the golf is now on ebay and has a bid so may well be going this weekend , I will use some of the money I get for the golf (as long as the sale go's through) to sort out the BX then it will become my daily driver for all our short runs and school runs.

The school run at the moment is 64 miles a day :oops:

The BX is far more refined than the golf and little things like the central locking working from both front doors rather than just the drivers is a bonus when you have younguns to watch out for.

However I will miss the golf because its power delivery is quite raw, my one is incredibly fast for an 8 valve GTi ( perhaps its because a Brawn motorsports mechanic used to own it :lol: ) and is a more exciting drive than the smooth BX.

Oh and by the way BX folk are far more friendly and helpful than VW club members
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

I can only afford to run one car, but fortunately I don't need to use it that much so my beeyex only really sees the occasional long distance run or a weekly trip to the shops to keep it in fitness. Most places around town can be reached by foot or two wheels.

If I get a job next year that I have to drive to then I'll probably reluctantly be selling up for a 205/309/AX/ZX diesel or something :|
ImageImageImageImageImage
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Susan Donym wrote:The school run at the moment is 64 miles a day :oops:
88kms (55 miles) is the school run for us! If we are lucky that can get incorporated in the work run as well but even then theres another 44kms per day to add to that in another vehicle at worse another 88kms. :?

Thats the joy of living 20 km plus from anything!
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

the school run has actually come down ,
I was doing 540 a week and Julie was doing the other 320
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

One of the reasons I bought mine was to save money on the horrendous fuel economy of a V6 trundling around London, as well as the benefits offered by the suspension which glides over the myriad speed bumps en route to work. I use it probably 60% of the week, so it qualifies as a daily driver and is my preferred option in this freezing weather as the heater gets really toasty very quickly.

Of course, the benefits of running two cars you really like is that, from a wear and tear PoV, they will last twice as long.
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Susan Donym wrote:Oh and by the way BX folk are far more friendly and helpful than VW club members
I'll second that, this forum has a much more friendly/social feel to it than the business-only-like other forum I frequent (mk2 astra forum). I'm not knocking the astra forum, they are all very helpful but it just doesn't have that social side of things.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
bx petrol auto saloon
BXpert
My Cars: Citroens SAABs and Vauxhalls

What does eveybody use their BX,s for?

Post by bx petrol auto saloon »

Dear Saintjamesy89
I have only had my White '93 BX TXi 1.6cc automatic, with ABS,
sunroof and air-conditioning with 47, 282 miles for only a few months
so she is still new to me :D I love polishing cars including take them
to pieces and polishing evrywhere especially under the bonnet and
the engine bay area etc,etc. 8)
I have only done about 75 miles since I bought her last year. In
that time the waterpump, cambelt, tensioner, HP and air-con belts,
wiperblades, all the filters, oil, radiator, cap, thermostat, thermoswitch,
antifreeze, LHM filters cleaned and new LHM, four new spheres, new
accummilator sphere, new battery and she is in 2 weeks going in to
have a new stainless steel cat-back exhaust system fitted.
I like to get my cars to look as new as possible for as long
possible.
Hope this helps your research.
Vince.
Passion Hydropneumatic Citroen,s

Cars;- 1993 White Citroen BX 1.6 TXi petrol
saloon auto with air-con & ABS.
47,594 Miles from new.
Owned for 3 years sorned.
1988 Silver SAAB 900i 2.0 8v F/lift,
saloon 5sp with 3 spoke Ronals,
69,000 Miles from new.
Owned for 15 years T & T.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Re: What does eveybody use their BX,s for?

Post by Paul296 »

bx petrol auto saloon wrote:Dear Saintjamesy89
I have only had my White '93 BX TXi 1.6cc automatic, with ABS,
sunroof and air-conditioning with 47, 282 miles for only a few months
so she is still new to me :D I love polishing cars including take them
to pieces and polishing evrywhere especially under the bonnet and
the engine bay area etc,etc. 8)
I have only done about 75 miles since I bought her last year. In
that time the waterpump, cambelt, tensioner, HP and air-con belts,
wiperblades, all the filters, oil, radiator, cap, thermostat, thermoswitch,
antifreeze, LHM filters cleaned and new LHM, four new spheres, new
accummilator sphere, new battery and she is in 2 weeks going in to
have a new stainless steel cat-back exhaust system fitted.
I like to get my cars to look as new as possible for as long
possible.
Hope this helps your research.
Vince.
Your car sounds lovely Vince. Have you got any more pics of it? Promise not to spill my tea on the computer while it's up on the screen! :D*

*Any filthy double entendres posted in response to that comment will be swiftly removed by the moderator (I would have thought?) :D
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

What you spill in the privacy of your own home, is none of my business...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad