New BX for friend

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Alastair
BXpert

New BX for friend

Post by Alastair »

I lent my Bx 19 diesel to a friend for a few days...befor christmas...they still have it with my blessing I hasten to add!!....So impressed are they with BX ownership that they have found one to buy for themselves!!......So off we set from Crewe in Cheshire a couple of Sundays ago up to Durham to collect the said car for them...A J reg estate 19 diesel...all MOTd but requiring some degree of tidying shall we say.
We drove up in my TZD turbo which was achieving 52 mpg when I checked it,(and I had a feeling the injectors needed overhauling..perhaps not),,and I was pressing on shall we say on the outward journey...covered 400 miles that day without a hitch...despite a boot of tools. We came back a little slower as I followed the newly purchased estate and we were treating it with a little care....and it snowed on the M62 too!!
My friends have begun to tidy the estate now with a view to it being "on the road" at the end of this month.
So this little excursion was just over 400 miles round trip...but I have a feeling the route was a little scenic due to being toured by satnav in some cases....(what ever happened to maps??)
Bx turbo diesel 1989
Bx 1.9 Rd estate 1989
Citroen Light 15 1952
Bx 17 TZD diesel turbo 1992
Xantia 1.8 16v
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Excellent, piccies are compulsory! (of both) :lol:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.