CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2012 - 7-9th September - FREE!

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Citroening
BXpert

CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2012 - 7-9th September - FREE!

Post by Citroening »

There's big news about the CX, XM and Xantia Rally. Following the CX Section Committe Meeting that was held at the DSM, we are pleased to announce details for the Rally (7-9th September). Please see below for the Rally Advert...

As you can see from the advert above, the main change is that it is Free Entry! You don't have to pay a penny to enter the field and camping is free of charge too! No expensive entry here at all...

We will of course have a convoy again, kindly organised by Jim, to Bletchley Park (home of the WW2 Decoding Machine; Enigma, and other interesting features). Jim is organising a scenic route through the lanes and backroads and upon arrival we can park outside the mansion in the oval. Perfect for photos... This is happening on Saturday at 1:00pm and we have a group visit booked - entry is £12 per head. See their website for what this fantastic location has to offer: http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cooked Buffet Breakfasts are available on Saturday and Sunday Mornings (from 8am to 10am) at the Shoulder of Mutton Pub next to the Rally Site (£4 per head).

The Fish and Chip Van will be coming around on Friday Evening as is the usual...

For Saturday Evening we have organised a meal to be held at the Shoulder of Mutton Pub. A menu was drawn up with the Pub that features a wide choice so (hopefully!) everyone will be catered for. The menu is below, and a vegetarian option will of course be available. Menu subject to change.

Starters - Smoked Salmon, Paté Dish, Tomato and Basil Salad.

Mains - Beef Bourguignon, Coq au Vin, Old Smokey Burger (Pub Special).

Desert - Tart ou Citron, Chocolate Fudge Cake, Profiteroles.

The cost for the meal is £15 per head and will be at 7:30pm on Saturday Evening.

Refreshments on the Saturday and Sunday Afternoons will be available in the kitchen that include Filled Rolls, Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks.

There will be trophies for Best CX, XM and Xantia present, with rosettes too for 1st, 2nd and 3rd (like the X Rally). Also there is of course the Roger Bradford “Roger’s Choice” Trophy (the car he would exclaim "Good God" at if he had seen it...) and the Eileen Stearnes Trophy (the car that has been brought back from the dead/improved the most and deserves special recognition...)

...and of course the brilliant atmosphere that is only the CX, XM and Xantia Rally!

BXs are of course very welcome too... :)
Last edited by Citroening on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mds141
Over 2k

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2012 - 7-9th September.

Post by mds141 »

Cheers Franklyn. I'm going to book the weekend off. Sounds like a great venue. Just need to decide, do I come down in the BX or the XM?
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Good to hear Mark - the full weekend is the best...

BTW, if anyone hasn't been to this, some pics of last years event are here - http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 42#p286842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers,
Franklin. :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I shall give the Xantia a run to this one.....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Mmm free camping. I might get my Asda tent out again.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I'll be coming down on the friday evening. Checked my rota's and I'm on my days off amazingly, so no need to book annual leave. Hooray!! Just hope the weather holds out. [-o< [-o< [-o<
Mark Smith

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.

mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Great pictures Franklin. Looking forward to it this year.
Mark Smith

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

oh I suppose I could make the trek at some point , another 4 miles each way trip lol.

I may have to sneak out of the house though as its my lads 18th birthday that weekend
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Only a 380 mile round trip for me...but free entry and camping sound good to me! Might have to be a toss up between this and the ICCCR though... :?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Free entry? How's that working then? Not that I'm saying it's a bad idea! Could tempt me into making the trek, especially with a visit to Bletchley.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Ian , the visit to Bletchley isnt free .
However entrance to the show and camping are
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I know! That really would have got me excited!
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Thanks Mark. :)
Dollywobbler wrote:Free entry? How's that working then? Not that I'm saying it's a bad idea! Could tempt me into making the trek, especially with a visit to Bletchley.
...because we (the CCC CX Section) are paying for the field ourselves. Also there's a lot of people...'mentioning'...the cost of a certain large Citroen Show this year and naturally people will have a lot of expense after that certain show (entry, camping, physically getting there...) and thus we thought it best to do it free entry.

As Mick has mentioned, Bletchley Park is extra however it will definitely be worth it.

Any other queries just ask, and it would be great to see some BXs there. If you like pickled eggs, then this show is a must. :lol: :wink:
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Franklin, do we need to pre-book for the evening meal, or just book on arrival? Cheers Mark.
Mark Smith

Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

mds141 wrote:Franklin, do we need to pre-book for the evening meal, or just book on arrival? Cheers Mark.
Book with us on arrival Mark as most will do, however if anyone wants to register their interest via PM/Email then that's fine (order what you want to eat when you're there, we'd just like to have an idea of numbers to give to the Pub). There'll be more than enough space I am sure and we've already provisionally told the Pub a number of around 30+...