WANTED - BX rear arms NON ABS

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

WANTED - BX rear arms NON ABS

Post by Vanny »

Hi Folks,

need a set of non ABS rear arms for MrMrWray's BX St Tropez, we already had the N/S off and ints totally goosed so not seen the O/S but suspect its similar!

Anyone got a cheap set of arms? Or better still know a scrappy near ish that has a BX in it? We tried a few montsh ago and went through 7 scrap yards without any sucess!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny, try the one near the A550 in Q`ferry. They had a silver BX in there very recently. More than happy to go there and remove them for you if you tell me how to get them off and what tools are required.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

A1 Slavage has two BX's in, one is a white 1.7td with one arm missing (N/S) and an o/s that wont come off without the car falling! They are very reluctant to start moving the cars around to get the silver one off the ground when i've asked! They used to have loads but got rid of them!

Jon, i might well take you up on the offer but my small problme is the cost of postage. Any idea on the weight so i can see how to get it up here? I know there pretty damn heavy!
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Andy Lamb at Curbridge Motor co. has another but it's near Southampton and I don't know which side. If you still have the same mobile number as a couple of years ago there should be a message for you about this - and about a scrapper TGD turbo down here this week which has 2 of the most most easily accessible arms you could wish for. Mr Scrappy wants £30 a side, though. Other downside is the rear arms are accessible because the rear end of the BX is overhanging the bonnet of a hi-load Transit....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

If this helps gents I found the link on a Cavalier website I frequent. They are the cheapest I`ve found, might be worth a try?

http://www.parcel2go.com/home11.asp

£8.99 + VAT for anything properly packaged and under 25kgs apparantly. That is very cheap. Not used them yet as Parcel Force have been very good but I almost certainly will in future. Parcel Force will probably charge about £12.15 if you go through their website to book collection/delivery (it saves a pound too). The thing to do is be a bit economical with the truth about the weight. Everything I`ve sent has been under about 3 or 4 kilos so far-nudge nudge wink wink.