BX fail

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
mat_fenwick

Re: BX fail

Post by mat_fenwick »

The area of the disc contacted by the pads will cool at a different rate as it won't be in free air. Whether that's slower due to the pads/caliper preventing heat loss, or faster due to the pads/caliper conducting heat away I don't know - it will depend on the pad/caliper temperature and material.

That might cause distortion, especially if the disc material is not uniform.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

Dollywobbler wrote:There are some super-scientists on this forum, what say you? ;)
Not bored enough for a pretentious U R RONG! right now :wink: If only BX Meteor Bryan was still in these parts, he seemed to have a somewhat contentious answer for everything :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Not sure about discs warping due to the parking brake, but I've certainly had drums warp on an H van where the brake was applied after some hard braking.

The Xantia handbrake issue rumbled on and on in the press IIRC. At one stage Citroen was claiming that there wasn't a problem, it was simply owners not applying the brake hard enough. In the end I believe they came up with the idea of filing off the first few teeth on the ratchet, so the brake had to be applied hard enough to catch.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

End of blog :(
ImageImageImageImageImage