Paul's polishin' blog

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Paul's polishin' blog

Post by Tim Leech »

Excellent, mark have you fitted the new plates yet?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Tim Leech wrote:Excellent, mark have you fitted the new plates yet?
Funny you should mention that Tim, Paul and I were just about to get the drill out, when we started moaning about the price of bacon going up!! :-D I promise I'll put them on tomorrow!
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

The alloy wheels finally went on the TGD today courtesy of Sir Timothy of Leech who also very kindly furnished me with a set of decent tyres and some doorcards (one of mine is split). What with the alloys, illuminated window switches and discreet pin-striping for that added touch of suave sophistication and continental elegance, I'm a bit worried my lowly 17TGD might be getting ideas above its station: so far however, it hasn't stopped it from steering like a cart horse. :( Anyway, I think all that hard work has paid off - they do look very nice . . .

There were bottles hidden in the lamp shades, down the back of the sofa and stuffed in the toilet cistern - he's tried Tyre-Gel Anonymous but it's a tough habit to crack . . .

I then had a privileged mooch/guided tour round Tim's lock-up. His cars don't really need any introduction, save to say they are all bloody lovely! Here's the Leechmeister in full tilt polishing frenzy: the shutter speed was set to 1/5000th of a second and still no more than a blur. 8)

A very big car that sounds like an earthquake. It doesn't go up and down though: some cars don't apparently. :shock: . . .

Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

That is one classy looking car now.

In fact, now the TGD is so gorgeous, guess you won't be wanting that old green heap any more then? - can't be worth much more than scrap value (TBH ha ha) [-o<
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Looking very nice Paul. And great reportage from Timeeee Towers! :D I didn't know he also has several motorhomes.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

toddao wrote:Looking very nice Paul. And great reportage from Timeeee Towers! :D I didn't know he also has several motorhomes.

Shhhh, its in my secret bunker, 500ft underground....plus I wasnt polishing, I was drying the rain (yes it got damp :roll: ) before its winter lay up!. She has plenty of company to talk though including a H-Van which wasnt there last time.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Looks stunning Paul. =D> shame about the manky old VW Golf ragtop lurking in the background. ;-)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Does look fab Paul, and that's coming from a man with a love for the TG style trims :)
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Paul296 wrote:T

A very big car that sounds like an earthquake. It doesn't go up and down though: some cars don't apparently. :shock: . . .

I want this one in my garage! [-o<
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I want the caravan parked next to it!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Defender110 wrote:
Paul296 wrote:T

I want this one in my garage! [-o<
It is a bit awesome! It sounded like a Tiger tank and you could build a very spacious bungalow in the engine bay (if it wasn't for the great big massive f*** off V8 engine obviously) 8)
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

mds141 wrote:Looks stunning Paul. =D> shame about the manky old VW Golf ragtop lurking in the background. ;-)

Thats the hairdresser down the street that is.

You cant see the H Van parked next to the Caravan, which has a wonderful patina...more pics to follow.

I will start charging for tours I think...
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Whilst clearing out a load of stuff at my Mum's this afternoon, I found an old photograph album of the 2001 Midlands Rally at Worcester racecourse and thought they might be of interest . . .

Anyone recognise any of these? (the double exposure was a thing that sometimes happened at the end of a roll of film in ye olde days of wet photography!)

A few shots of the late great Roger Bradfords CX Centre stand - including a shot of the man himself in the last picture. I remember the car under the gazebo had under 10k on the clock and still had all the cellophane on the back seats (he wanted 14 grand for it!) . . . 'time warp'!!

AND imagine my delight when I found these babies! ( I thought I'd lost them :() The truly late great J477 BNN; my gorgeous Athena. The Hurricane (particularly) and the TGD get pretty close sometimes, but I don't think I'll ever love a car like I loved that one . . .

Gone but definitely not forgotten :(
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Great pics, Paul. =D>

Don't suppose I could be cheeky and ask if you could email over the pics of Rogers stand - I'm sure that his son, Matt, would like to add them to his photo collection... I can pass them on.

Thanks. :)
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Citroening wrote:Great pics, Paul. =D>

Don't suppose I could be cheeky and ask if you could email over the pics of Rogers stand - I'm sure that his son, Matt, would like to add them to his photo collection... I can pass them on.

Thanks. :)
With pleasure Franklin. I reduced the file size for the pics I posted so I'll scan them in again and email over the full size files.