Radio codes.

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Radio codes.

Post by cavmad »

Can someone please point me in the direction of a thread I`m sure I saw about decoding radios?
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Re: Radio codes.

Post by M »

cavmad wrote:Can someone please point me in the direction of a thread I`m sure I saw about decoding radios?
I think it was on FCF... Something to do with the serial number on the radio. Personally I would just fit an aftermarket one as Makro are flogging nice CD/Radios for £20 +VAT.
M

Post by M »

Failing that find a big fook orf hammer and give it a good talking too about working propperly again or being smashed to pieces....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sory, should have explained myself better. I have the code but can`t work out how to enter it. It`s some sort of Blaupunkt, looks o.e and when I go to put the code in it just sits there laughing to itself. The first digit of the code is 0 yet when pressing the first button on the radio I can either have 1 (the number one) or nothing.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

This has just reminded me I have a CB radio in a drawer under the bed... I might fit it this weekend to the BX....
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Hi Cav ...aint there anywhere near you that can re-code them ....it's easy enough ....my mate has a shop what does them and he can put whatever code he chooses into a set .......he usually charges between £10 -£25 for doing it as he has to upgrade his computer to do it and charges according to how new the software is .....a Blaupunkt should'nt be expensive.
btw .....if nobody else has come up with a solution by tommorrow I'll have a go at the Blaupunct in my BX ....it cant be that different ......but at the mo my BX is in my lock-up several streets away from my house.
HTH
Terry
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Terry. I could go to a radio decoders place but my local one was charging £20. I did buy one of those daft ideas off eBay ref. how to decode your own radios but it didn`t open properly (attachment jobby) so I gave up.
With a bit of luck somewhere amongst all the garbage I have the booklet will be about for the radio which will tell me how to do it.
Vauxhall apologist.
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

HI Cav .....Just looked at the blaupunkt in my BX ....it's a CC20 .....exactly the same as described in the thread in "BX Chat" dated "Apr 20th" titled "Entering Radio Codes" .......Ken has described exactly how the thing works better than I can......
HTH
Terry
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Many thanks Terry, the job is now cracked and we have music! Time to play The Smith`s greatest hits and Coldplay to death again :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Coldplay! Where my razorblades lol!
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

It was my post which Ken replied to, glad the instructions worked for you Cav! Unfortunately for me the radio had been REcoded for reasons unknown despite the original code being written on the radio casing :evil:

N.B. If anyone else needs to decode a Blaupunkt I may be able to assist if provided with the serial number :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

If you mean how to actually enter the codes....

You have 4 digits to enter. Press number 1 on the key pad repetitively to scroll through 1-9 on the screen in the first slot. Repeat this on 2, 3 and 4 buttons for your four digit code and press 5 or 6 (depending on make) to store.

Thats how the Xantias and XM's work.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Terry Brooks
BXpert

Post by Terry Brooks »

ed4ferrets wrote: despite the original code being written on the radio casing :evil:
Hi ed4ferrets .....I might be missing something here,it might seem a silly question .......but .......What's the point of the original code being on the casing ......I thought the idea of coding was to make the radio un-useable to any theivin' toerag who decided to nick it ........there's not much point in the code being stamped on the casing. :?
btw ....when I bought my BX the radio/cass "just dont work" ....[in the words of the seller,who is a guy I trust not to sell me anything iffy] ......but another mate of mine has a radio/tv/electrical repair business and he put me the code of my choice in so it's easy to remember it.
Terry
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Terry, I believe the four digit code is not normally written on the radio casing anywhere but the serial number of the stereo itself is. I bought one of those `wonderful` things from eBay that tells you how to get the radio code from the serial number. It`s a case, I think, of entering the serial number into the e-mail attachment and that will tell you the code which you then enter.
My problem was that I had the code but didn`t know how to enter it. On old Ford`s I used to own (and I think Vauxhall`s too) you used the first four buttons to enter the codes then depressed the fifth one to enter it. On the (Blaupunkt) stereo in my current BX however you enter the first four numbers then press the `up` button on the stereo and that enters the code and kicks the stereo in.
The first button of the code confused me because my stereo code begins with a 0 and you only see a 1 or nothing at all. It transpires that when it shows nothing that is the 0.
A little confusing I`ll admit but I hope it helps!
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Terry you're correct about the original intention of the security code, therefore it would seem pointless for it to be scratched or scribbled on the casing. However 10 to 15 years down the line when the car has changed hands perhaps 7 times and the code lost due to disconnected/flat battery a few times, someone sometime has possibly scribbled the code on the radio casing or the mounting bracket etc. No 'self-respecting' toerag these days would even look at a CC20 so the code has become more of a nuisance than a security measure. Having said that though the CC20 is perfectly adequate for an old git like myself but I resent having to fork out more than it is worth to have the same radio decoded again for perhaps the umpteenth time :roll:. Chances are your mate in the business will confirm this seemingly strange phenomenon.
This must be about my longest post, how do you keep going Cavmad? :shock:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle