The R21 Nevada Owners Club

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: The R21 Nevada Owners Club

Post by Tim Leech »

Dollywobbler wrote:Aye. French Indenor engine. It later got the 1.8-litre turbo diesel, though that still only had about 80bhp IIRC.

75PS from memory (no intercooler), we had a new Sierra Sapphire 2.3D"L" in 1988, to replace the now high mileage Mk1 BX 19RD, it was the first brand new car we had in my lifetime, had a windy sunroof, central locking, a posh stereo and much to my dads delight power steering!, but sounded like a tractor and had wind up windows :roll: It lasted 6 months before he changed jobs and then got a Renault 11, then a 21 and the a BX again.....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It's now got bloody parky cold out there - hovering around -10 at the moment. I've bought myself some 'fur' lined overalls which are nice and warm but not tested below -2 yet.
Mat F and I were having a talk about some bloke who made himself some overalls with heating built into them, powered by a car battery - obviously not very practical when moving around the workshop/lock-up, hence the pics of the old batteries.

Before the temps dropped I got some welding done. Pretty crap photos but alright to get the idea of what I'm up to ( I ain't the king of welding) : sill and underfloor area. Started removing the rear axle to get access to the mountings which look semi-crusty. In the process one of the coil springs just fell apart in my hand so I splashed on two new springs and two new Monroe shocks which was not too dear actually. Springs have to be changed in pairs so I figured the shocks should be done at the same time.

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

toddao wrote:It's now got bloody parky cold out there - hovering around -10 at the moment. I've bought myself some 'fur' lined overalls which are nice and warm but not tested below -2 yet.
Mat F and I were having a talk about some bloke who made himself some overalls with heating built into them, powered by a car battery - obviously not very practical when moving around the workshop/lock-up, hence the pics of the old batteries.
Why don't you just get a wet suit: works for divers in sub-zero waters? You might want to reconsider the flippers though - could make it awkward paddling around in your garage? (and what would the neighbours think!? :D )
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Yesterday I tested out the fur-lined overalls in the arctic conditions - it was only my feet that turned to ice!

I removed the two rear shock absorbers which appear to be the original 1988 items judging by their condition and the way that they were practically integrated into their mountings with rust. I had to heat the mounting bushes then persuade them out with a large hammer and chisel.
I reckon that as the shocks had never been changed this would have put too much strain on the springs which is why they had broken..

The blokes in the French Renault 21 club do not restore Nevadas - when they find rust, they buy a new one as they are so plentiful still in France. So they are quite surprised as to what I'm up to. Only the R21 Turbos are considered worthy of such efforts!
Todd

toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Hello all and happy new year, I've been rather quiet of late on the blog front as I've got a rather 'serious project' cooking up at the moment as well as a new child due anyday.
I've got to clear some of my barn to make some more elbow room, so I'm selling my only recently purchased 'black cat' 16v and my '85 TRD. Unfortunately I think I'm a bit too far out at the continent for Uk interest but I hope particularly the TRD finds a good home. If anyone's seriously interested, let me know before it goes on Ebay.de I'll post the ads here anyway..

Todd

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats lovely! Im sure someone will want it.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Oh my god a tailblazer and rear louvre ,going by other threads on here, thats going to cause some arguments :rofl: :rofl:

Lovely car Todd would sell in minutes over here Im sure
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

- tailblazer
- rear louvres
- door handle protectors
- inner sill protectors
- rear 'cubby hole' doors
- centre box
- original accessories Citroen 'speed striping'
- original Mk.1 mudflaps
- original 1985 Sev Marchal foglights ( before they were swallowed up by Valeo)
- full set of window air deflectors

It came with all the fittings - I think the old fella bought the whole accessories catalogue! It's got about 60,000 miles on it. Sure it needs work, it doesn't look as good as this right now. It's been off the road for two years but I just won't ever get round to giving it the attention it deserves.

- I should add that the rear window louvres are not original Citroen, though I do happen to have an original set for sale too. Postage to the Uk unfortunately would probably be prohibitive.
Todd

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

nothings prohibitive to officionados of tat I mean desirable accessories ,
I for one love all this period stuff and had side wind deflectors, sunroof deflector and head light pritectors on the valver
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

That car is awesome, especially those alloy's. Is it actually a runner Todd? & what needs doing to it?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It hasn't ran for over a year, nor peeped out from under its cover but I'm confidant it will start first turn of the key. I spent my spare time today getting the black 16v ready for sale.

The TRD was always garaged and never ran during the winter for the first twenty years of its life then I used it as a daily runabout and it's now speckled with rust spots - nothing that needs welding but just the surface breaking down. Then I drove it into the door of my barn so it's got a dent in the wing. Apart from that, interior is very clean as it had accessories Citroen seat covers, engine bay also very clean - it's still overall impressive compared to most BXs of its age that haven't been worked on. Probably the best thing is that I post some pics once the 16v is sold.

I always knew you liked the alloys Matthew - I'm not sure I'll sell them with they car so they could be for sale but as always transport from here to there is an issue..
Todd

MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Out of interest, how much would you be looking for the TRD & would it come with a TUV?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

If my costs were covered I'm always up for a road trip... ;)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

I could potentially be rather interested in those alloys, if they did come up for sale that is. They are my no.1 choice of wheel for the GT, I think it'd look fab with them on. Would you be up for a joint road trip Mat? I think that'd be quite fun!

Anyone good at photoshopping etc? I'm very much not, is it possible to edit one of my GT pictures to have these wheels on to see how it'd look? Don't worry if it'll be a lot of work. But just in case :)
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Buy the rd with the alloys and sell the GT Tom, be worth the effort for the accessories alone
1991 BX Meteor 1.6