Rust in Peace...

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Re: Rust in Peace...

Post by citsncycles »

I think the only problem I'd have looking round there is that most of those cars will probably be better than Timex!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

In this shot Paul. Not much of it on show!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I still wish and hope that maybe E945AVW or J511LAY will one day be discovered in place like this....if they were I wouldnt care how much they would cost to restore!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Dollywobbler wrote:In this shot Paul. Not much of it on show!
I think it is- good spot! With the bonnet and front end missing it was hard to tell what it was. :shock:
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Ah - I see it now, didn't spot it was a 4 door before, and thought it was something else. I suspect the bonnet may be on the extreme left of shot. That'd be a really brave restoration for someone!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

citsncycles wrote: I suspect the bonnet may be on the extreme left of shot. That'd be a really brave restoration for someone!
You're right - there's the bonnet. Fancy a PL17 in need of a little TLC and a bit of welding Mike!? #-o
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

If I thought I could prize it from him I might!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

citsncycles wrote:If I thought I could prize it from him I might!
Now that's either brave or reckless! I reckon there's absolutely nothing salvageable there - even the rear subframe/chassis appears to have been smashed and bent when it was hurled against that wall! :(
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Probably a bit of both, but those who have seen some of my current (and past)projects know what I'm like. TBH, I need to get some of the current projects out the way before I even consider anything else, no matter how foolish! (although I said that before Timex, the Faclcon and the CZ250!)
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Bloody hell I thought I was brave restoring a pashley pedal trike
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
peanuts

Post by peanuts »

Evening rust lovers - there's a bit of interest then despite the bad jokes! The Panhard has been there for donkeys and I believe it was well-crunched when he got it. The majority of the useful bits have been sold over the years but I think the subframe (the only bit that is isn't almost back to the elements) and a few bits of glass are okay!

You would be very surprised how well the cars clean up. A good wash will turn the better ones from scrappers to viable projects. Have a look at my estate and compare it to the GTi. Admittedly the Gti is a bit greener but my estate wasn't so far off it when I started. Funny how some of them attract the gunge where others don't! the pair of Xantias were driven to that spot a week ago.

With reference to the prices, I don't know what costs of things would likely be but I would say economy of scale would apply in that the more that's wanted the cheaper it's likely to be. Buying a whole car for bits would be a good bet if you can transport. If there is a complete and straight car though (despite the green-ness and algae) he will not break it. This goes for the tailgate on the red 1400. I'm not sure quite what it's like now but was certainly well do-able. The problem of course comes when deciding how far to go with a relatively low value car. I would imagine a lot are technically restorable (apart from the Panhard) but how far would you want to go is something else...
'91 BX TGD Estate
'52 Big 15 small boot (in bits)
'50 something H van cattle truck
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Bloody hell I thought I was brave restoring a pashley pedal trike
Which model Pashley? I have a 1930's Pashley trade bike which I cleaned up and got going last year. On the trike side I have a '53 Dayton Flyer with a Stevens Trike conversion, a '56 Hardings ex health authority loop fame model, a '58 Higgins, an '82 home built recumbent and a '91 Pier Gynt LWB delta recombent.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Its nothing special Mike
just a very neglected TRI 1 , about 7 years old but been left outside

1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Ah yes, I know the one you mean - my brother is an agent for Pashley, although to be honest he doesn't sell many of their machines. I like their Guv'nor old school path racer, but at something like £800 for the single speed version I decided I could restore my 1903 Raleigh racer for a lot less!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Pashley are meant to be sending me out two new rear wheels as the origionsl ones were untreared and have crumbled where the spokes go into the hub, evidently its a known issue
1991 BX Meteor 1.6