My Bx open air

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
mat_fenwick

Re: My Bx open air

Post by mat_fenwick »

:shock: Walked into that one! I have to point out that the biggest memory of the car was when we caught the ferry over to a neighbouring island. Not wanting to miss the last boat back we arrived in plenty of time and were at the head of the queue so left the engine running with the air conditioning on to keep cool (yes, AC in a Twingo!) After half an hour or so the ferry arrived and we started to pull forwards. Only the engine cut out #-o It would start and idle, but not rev.

After a few minutes of this the other drivers behind me in the queue (single file with a raised kerb) were getting quite annoyed, and their honking was not improving my stress levels. So I had to push the car up the ramp and onto the boat. Halfway up I ran out of momentum and would have rolled back had it not been for a couple of the crew stepping in to give me a hand.

Once in the cool of the hull it revved fine, so I can only think that the tiny demand for fuel when idling led to fuel vaporisation under the bonnet, which then cleared. Absolutely knackered and dripping with sweat I headed to the bar to get a pint of Coke, which I put in the seat next to me out on the deck, as I sank down with relief and exhaustion.

Unfortunately the seats consisted of a continuous strip of fabric supported between each person. So as I sat down, the base of the neighbouring seat suddenly tensioned, sending my drink up into the air and all over the floor before I'd even had a swig :cry: Luckily the barman had seen what happened, and gave me another on the house...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Didn't realise you were the script writer for Laurel & Hardy Mat?!! :lol:

I concur with the comments re the mk1 Twingo. Brilliant, little, fun car. Had them as holiday hire cars, on many a happy holiday to the Balearics. 8)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

And the moral of that story is, be very careful where you put your drink after you've pushed your Twingo onto a ferry. A marvellous piece of advice that we'd all do well to remember. :shock:
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Another Mat Fenwick true disaster story.
Seriously mate you could write a book
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
kieran.l
BXpert

Post by kieran.l »

mountainmanUK wrote:Would be a nice mod for Kieran to do on that tired old barn-find Mk1 RD. The hole in the roof is almost there already!
No need for a jigsaw, just start poking it with my fingers :lol: Or else leave it a couple of more years in the rain...

Lovely car =D>
Kieran

1984 BX 19RD
2018 Peugeot 3008 1.5 BlueHDi EAT8
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

That is remarkably similar to the cabrio roof that is fitted to some models of the Citroen Berlingo. The mechanism looks identical, and the roof itself is a very very similar design.

The unit is clearly not a Citroen design or a Renault design, just something they've fitted. Are there any identifying marks as to the actual manufacturer? I'm loathed to start pulling the roof out of my other half's berlingo on the basis that "I'm looking for some markings!"
this might be a signature
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Bloody hell the return of Mr Rutherford,
How are you fella , you have been sorely midsed round here
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Damn... someone noticed!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Has been a while. The combined effect of three house moves, a new and very time-consuming job, little people and a house rebuild have somewhat taken their toll on my time.

What's new?
this might be a signature
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Well as its only almost exactly 20 months since you last posted.
Very little lol, :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6