rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

N/s sill

Post by rutter123 »

Can anyone recommend a supplier of a good quality n/s complete outer sill panel bx hatch. Have seen some on the web for about 20 squids but know nothing of their quality.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
JayW
1K Away

Re: N/s sill

Post by JayW »

This is the company i've always used and no quality complaints! http://www.carz2.co.uk/citroen-8394-c-69_76.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have zero patience for your tedium.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

You could try Hadrian panels - I've used some of their panels in the past and they're pretty good.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i called the company in the link above,
inquiring about a Pisssscasssoooo door sill,

very very friendly lady on at the other end and yes they can supply me with the sill,

she said are you sitting down as its quite expensive, all including carriage and VAT is £64 quid,

i said thats not expensive compared to making it up as i go,

regards malcolm

ps.
dont use the 0844 No. at the top of the page as you get some very rude twat asking if you want to buy tickets :? :? :? :roll:

click the contact us button and you get an STD No.
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

A full new sill for £22! Wow, I'll have 5 please!!!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

I had a ball-park quote for repair to the n/s sill from Carsaver at Aldershot - £70 but I think I might go for a complete sill as well.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

electrokid wrote:I had a ball-park quote for repair to the n/s sill from Carsaver at Aldershot - £70 but I think I might go for a complete sill as well.

Brian
it does really depend on how far the tin worn has eaten away to if you go for a full sill,

if only less than a third of the sill length has been attacked i would just have a local repair carried out,

as theres no substitute for OE fitment

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

The paryts of the sills I've repaired have been a simple box section, making them viable for a localised repair that should put most if not all the strength back into the structure, cars with a central membrane in the sill (like the GS) usually need much more metal cut away than expected in order to get at all the rot.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Brian
it does really depend on how far the tin worn has eaten away to if you go for a full sill,
Thanks for that Malcolm: there's corrosion about one third the way along at the bottom edge which will need attention at some time and was the subject of an MOT advisory. But also the guy who did a small weld to cover a hole in the inside surface close to the back end left the chassis plug out out of the rear of the sill and there's a bit of corrosion on the inside at that point - also that area had some welding done this year as well.

Although I've 'passed' my MIG welding complete with samples to show just how bad I really am :lol: (and can now go on to TIG and gas next week) Perhaps I should clear my social diary :^o and arrange a trip to St Leonards :D
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate