Dollywobbler's TZD estate - departure time

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: Dollywobbler's TZD estate

Post by Dollywobbler »

Failed to change the accumulator sphere this afternoon, but did hoover the car out after its logging mission. Discovered that the driver's footwell is VERY soggy - even after two weeks of sunshine! Clearly the water leak that plagued Wooscary is still there. Anyone got a good driver's door seal?

Also, the tailgate rattles around a lot, despite adjustment of the striker. Anyone got a good estate tailgate seal?
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Dollywobbler wrote:Failed to change the accumulator sphere this afternoon, but did hoover the car out after its logging mission. Discovered that the driver's footwell is VERY soggy - even after two weeks of sunshine! Clearly the water leak that plagued Wooscary is still there. Anyone got a good driver's door seal?

Also, the tailgate rattles around a lot, despite adjustment of the striker. Anyone got a good estate tailgate seal?
Are you sure its not the heater matrix doing this Ian? A dead giveaway from Sophie was the smell of antifreeze in the cabin, thankfully now gone.

Maybe a check with a torch and a feel of the moving parts close to the heater would confirm you dont have a leak.They can leak from this area as i know from Sophie's problem.

Also, try some insulation tape around the tailgate striker, ime sure that would help. I suspect the problem lies in the tailgate hinges, maybe a tad worn.

Andy
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I have both seals but as Andy says it might be the plastic bushes in the tailgate hinges are kaput.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I've just cleared out the BX ready for departure tomorrow. Happily, it's going to someone else on the forum, so I think it'll be in better hands than it was with me! I nudged it up to 308,000 miles, but it needs more attention than I can give it. So, I'm replacing it with something dull so I can focus on other vehicles on the fleet.

I'm taking a break from BXs for a bit - there's a world of vehicles out there that I want to try. Hopefully, I can return to BX ownership before prices rise significantly. I know really tidy ones are fetching money now, but hopefully I'll be able to find something when I want to return - which I'm sure I will. I've owned BXs since 1998 on and off. A petrol auto is quite appealing I must admit.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Dollywobbler's TZD estate - departure time

Post by Tim Leech »

What is the "dullard" thats your new "hack"...a change is as good as rest, I must admit im loving pootling round in the Minor, but the idea of being BX less doesnt work for me as its too bigger part of my social scene etc and I am hankering after a Mk2 oil burner again.

Dont stay away too long now ya here......
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

It's one of those awful Volkswagen things. ;) Looking forward to spending time with a key BX rival.

I don't plan to go far - the social aspect is a very appealing part of BX ownership. Might even be at Stratford (which I can use the 2CV for!). Really, I should have just kept the TXD Turbo. That was a good car (by the time I'd finished with it). The estate is usefully more practical, but the main failing with the TXD was the lack of a two bar. Amount of times I've used the TZD's towbar? Once - to tow an empty trailer!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

If you bring your new toy you may not be the only one attending Stratford in a VW… ;)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

And i think you should make stratford 'Yan.

Intending to be there for sure.

Probably in a red BX TZD estate ;)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car