16v heater matrix

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
patersom10
BXpert

16v heater matrix

Post by patersom10 »

basically in the motion of removing the perished coolant hose I have managed to snap one of the plastic pipes popping into the engine bay.

anyone got one?

thanks, Matt
93 ZX Volcane TD
03 Xsara VTR - HDI (remapped to 140bhp)

92 BX 16v phase 2 - now sold
93 BX 17TGD - now sold
Mothman

Re: 16v heater matrix

Post by Mothman »

Somewhere i have bud. Not from a 16v but a diesel but i think they are the same but someone on the forum better confirm this.
Wont be available till the w/end as ive got my mum's funeral today but hopefully ile search for it on Sat or Sun.

Andy
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

Bad luck! Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like it's just the heater tap you need, rather than the whole matrix though.
1991 Citroen BX 16v
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

RobC wrote: Sounds like it's just the heater tap you need
Possibly not even that, that inlet pipes to the heater tap can be separated, so if you could find a dead heater tap, it might do the trick!
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

patersom10 wrote:basically in the motion of removing the perished coolant hose I have managed to snap one of the plastic pipes popping into the engine bay.

anyone got one?

thanks, Matt
Bad luck Matt, as already stated /\ you need a heater tap/assy. (NLA from Main-dealers) or good used one or just cannibalise a pair from a dead unit (As stated by Vanny) if anyone has one to offer you ?

I've just checked thro' my spares stash in the shed, but nothing :( (but I'll be in the garage this afternoon) so if I find one in there I'll let you know [-o<

Heres a photo (Taken from THIS thread for ref.) of what the heater-box/matrix/tap/feed-pipes look like which maybe of help to you !

I also suggest you replace the 'O-rings' on the mating faces (on the joints which you may split off) having been compressed for a long time and therefore may weep if your tempted re-using the existing ones on re-assembly !

Good luck !

patersom10
BXpert

Post by patersom10 »

thanks for all the help guys !

one more bloody job to add to the list.
93 ZX Volcane TD
03 Xsara VTR - HDI (remapped to 140bhp)

92 BX 16v phase 2 - now sold
93 BX 17TGD - now sold
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

RxBX wrote:...............................
I've just checked thro' my spares stash in the shed, but nothing :( (but I'll be in the garage this afternoon) so if I find one in there I'll let you know [-o<
Sadly I've not got what your looking for, I found just two used heater matrix's (Which are available if anyone after a used one of those) so hopefully Andy (Mothman) may oblige or someone else which may have one surplus to offer !

:idea: Try 'Kitch' to see if he's got one on the VALVER he's breaking or even 'Jaba' to see if he's got one from the TZD he was BREAKING hopefully he may have removed it (As I'm not sure if it gone to the BX car-park in the sky) :?'

Good luck !

:)

Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Hi Matt,
found what you are after, pm me if still interested.

Andy