The Aubergine

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Daisy
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 19TGD 1991 "Daisy" RIP 21/7/2014
Citroen BX 19TGD 1990 "Myrtille "

Re: The Aubergine

Post by Daisy »

Great pics - looks good in low :D

A-M
'90 19TGD 'Olympic Blue' "Myrtille"
'91 19TGD 'Alpine White' 28.02.91-21.07.14 "Daisy" R.I.P
Still on the road - Many thanks to Rob Moss at Chevronics, Hitchin, Herts
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Looks 'superbe' Andrew. :-)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats looks fab, it was lucky to find you as an owner!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

Lovely colour and the wheels , mmm mmm 8) .

Mark
TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

Cheers guys, its a joy to drive, comfy and relaxing but has the pace when you put your foot down :D

Had a good day on the car day, got the crossovers wired in after working out Citroens wiring, glovebox back in with light now working, caught the passenger side top door pin making a break for it so tapped that back into place and picked up a pair of front seats in the correct trim and pretty good nick, they just need a hoover and a clean up :)
'02 Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v - 92K - Sold
'09 Yamaha YBR 125 - 1100 miles
'93 Bx 17 TZD Turbo - 240K - The Aubergine

TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

Thought I'd update the blog as its been a while, so since the last entry a bit has happened.

The end of June saw the CCCE challenge, the car was stickered up and made it all the way to John O' Groats and back which was a few miles short of 2000 for it. It performed faultlessly :D

Went to a few shows, mainly the national and stratford where I got to meet Todd, brilliant bloke and picked up window and sunroof deflectors and something else a bit special from him.

I then had the joyous experience of the ignition barrel failing, all the pins? fell into the slot where the key goes thus preventing the key going in. This happened one night at about 10:30pm while I was out with a friend if you know what I mean ;) so stuck with a car going nowhere, I rang the AA and about two hours later one of their recovery partners came at have a go at fixing it and upon seeing my friend in her sleeping bag in the passenger seat said "I hope this isn't your first date!" Anyway long story short he had to smash it to bits so that I could start the car with a screwdriver, in the end it was about half one in the morning before we set off home. Heres the state he left it in.

As luck would have it, I had bought a brand new lockset from Malcolm Lockwood at the ICCCR last year so thats been fitted and all is fine now.

So in the last week or so I've got round to fitting the deflectors which do make a real difference which I am surprised by and I've also started taking the stickers off too.

From this:

To this:

Window deflectors:

And today I changed the old spray bar/loop for a pug style bar on the wiper blade and it gives a much better coverage now.

I've picked up some new headlight units to replace the tired ones on the car at the moment, also picked up some new Philips H4 bulbs from Phil at CXM so will try and do a side by side of old bulbs v new in the old units and then the new bulbs in the new units for a comparison test. Just a few hundred miles sort of 170k now but otherwise that's about it.

Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Looking good as ever Andrew. I've just fitted my wind deflectors - as well as looking nice they do actually deflect wind! 8)
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

Looking good , this is one of my favourite Bx's , with those wheels and that colour 8) .

Mark
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

But.....but I liked those stickers.....sorry, decals, you should of kept them. They looked awesome! Tis a lovely ciolour for a bx, better than triton green, though not as cool as white............l

Paul, you got pics of your wind deflectors? I have to say aubergines look very cool
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I'm tempted to find a set of those deflectors for the 4x4. I was thinking of a set of early ones for Timex, but when I looked at some I decided I didn't like them.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

BX Bandit wrote:
Paul, you got pics of your wind deflectors?
Just this one (so far) . . .

My Hurricane is currently over at Tim's having a bit of paintwork done - once I get it back I expect I'll be boring everyone with pics - wind deflectors n'all. 8)
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Has anyone actually tried ordering a set of the front deflectors from poland as advertised on e-bay?

I tried order a set that was supposedly UK stocked but the supplier refunded me and said no stock available?
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

the ones I had on my old trajet (Heko ones) came from Poland
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

Hit 170k on the way home from work tonight \:D/ so I've done about 13k since I bought it last year

In other news, I'm looking at getting my A2 bike licence done before the years out, my sister currently has an '09 Yamaha YBR 125 which is siting down the side of the house doing nothing and is willing to sell up so I have the option of using that round town and the car for crap weather/work run or (what I want to do) is get my A2 and use the Yamaha as a P/X for a lovely little Moto Guzzi V7 classic (would have to be second hand though). Reviews for it seem to be very positive and apparently a good first bike and as luck would have it there are dealers in Hemel Hempstead and Cambridge which aren't a million miles away so will have to go and sit on one I think :wink:

One thing I do find odd is that the insurance for both the Yamaha and the Moto Guzzi are no way near the cost of my first years car insurance even when I've added on commuting and carrying a pillion :-k

Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

That's a lovely looking bike. Have you got details of the spray bar you used? Love the colour of your car BTW.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.