Paul's polishin' blog

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: Paul's polishin' blog

Post by Thread Bear »

Bummer. Its not been a great year for 'folks'. Was it that long winter? My mates have had a bad time all told.

I see why enthusiasts like the Hurricane, looks good and brings out the detailing. Great avatar by the way. I like tomfoolery as you might have noticed. Normally get in trouble for it.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Shes a looker Paul!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Went over to Barry's at Bourne Citroen yesterday where he and Peter have done a magnificent job sorting Sandre's Hurricane out. It did need a fair amount of welding and Sandre has some great 'before and after' pics which I'm sure she'll be wittily inserting into her blog. Then went over to Tim's in Ashby to store it up for the winter and drop mine off to have a bit of cosmetic work done ready for the NEC in November. Apologies to Tim for arriving slightly later than advertised and it being too dark for a 'two Hurricanes' photo opportunity (and for having no sugar/Canderel [whatever that is?]/full fat milk/orange juice/light bulb, infact being pretty useless really #-o ).

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ahh I can see why you were "slightly" late if thats what greated you when you went to collect it!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

It was still up on the ramp without wheels and and half the engine when we arrived - that was taken two hour later! :)
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Rear crossmember looks to be in excellent shape. Slap some of the 'ol waxoyl over it and she'll be good to go. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

It's well waxoyled - although it was a bit of a late finish, it was good to see all the work that had been done - it's solid now, dead chuffed with the results. Barry has kindly given me a CD with the horror pix on it, which I will download to Facebook and post on my own blog - probably at the weekend now.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Work is finally under way on the paint work for my Hurricane ready for the NEC; bonnet, bumpers and wheel refurb - many thanks to Tim. Removing the back bumper has revealed a bit of tin-worm naughtiness by the look of it, which wasn't entirely unexpected - could have been a lot worse. It's going up to my friend Shaun's for a new clutch shortly so a bit of welding might be in order as well. :roll:

Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

. . . and getting painted (with a bit more crispiness around the nsf bumper hanger :( ).

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

sH*t happens, Ive had two or three through my ownership like that, the red 19TZD was gone both side and had two screws holding the bumper in place.

Shes 22 years old.
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Tim Leech wrote:sH*t happens, Ive had two or three through my ownership like that, the red 19TZD was gone both side and had two screws holding the bumper in place.

Shes 22 years old.
To be honest I'm relieved it's not worse - I haven't had the bumpers off since I've owned the car and was pretty sure they'd be something lurking when I did. I asked Barry to give it a good look over when it was in for it's MOT and he told me there were one or two minor 'issues' behind the bumpers - anyway, I can get it fixed now. Otherwise, looking nice . . .

(have you seen these pictures before Tim? :D )
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Amazingly, Timex's front bumper mounts are pretty good, although I had the estate equivalent of the rear end rot to deal with last year.

Looking really, really good! While I don't expect Timex to ever look this good, I hope to get the 4x4 there one day!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

citsncycles wrote: I don't expect Timex to ever look this good.
Thanks Mike. If Timex were ever returned to the condition it was in when it left the factory, somehow it just wouldn't be Timex anymore - and the world would be a poorer place! :D
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

She's looking well, I will have the invoice for my project manager services ready for you on Tuesday also Mr H.:wink:

The wheels are really good!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Tim Leech wrote: I will have the invoice for my project manager services ready for you on Tuesday also Mr H.:wink:
Rightio - I'd better go and hunt down the back of the sofa for some change. :wink: