1993 K TXD Turbo Triton green

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

1993 K TXD Turbo Triton green

Post by saintjamesy89 »

As per my chat thread, I've decided the TXD has to go. The reason is it failed it's MOT on a few things, although it turns out it's not all as bad as previously thought. Taxed till 31st March 2014, MOT till 26th November. 175,749 miles.

About the car, I bought it last December off of eBay for £300.28, it belonged to Jonathon_dyane (username on here) before the owner previous to me and in his ownership had many things done, including welding to the boot (still solid), sills and passenger front door strap/hinge. Other work done by him was clutch, head gasket, crank oil seals, rear arm bearings and some other stuff i've forgotten. Work I have done with this car includes a front brake overhaul in the spring (see MOT failures bit), 4 services in my ownership, a new driveshaft, pair of CV boots, pair of front wheel bearings, ARB droplinks on the front and two very nearly new Michelins on the front (adding up to over £500). Suspension is very lovely and soft, it has BX16 spheres fitted 2 years ago, still very soft.

Apart from the MOT failure points, the car looks and runs very well. There is a dent in the rear drivers side door courtesy of my neighbor, you may be able to pull it out further but a new door would be easier - I haven't got around to this yet - and the paint is poor in places. It was rolling roaded at Kitch's place in the spring and averaged 90.3bhp, it's perky when on boost (much better now i've cleaned out the intercooler and intake hoses) and pulls all the way to the governor but it also does between 53-58 mpg on my commute (A roads and dual carriageways). It leaks a little oil and water, I usually check weekly but only top up monthly, there's no bubbles in the expansion bottle or creamy in the oil.

Ok, so the bad bits. Quoted 15 hours labour at the very most by my garage to do all the bits.
Headlamp aim too low - due to rear suspension too high, just needs adjustment of rear HC.
Both rear and NS front seatbelt anchorage area excessively corroded (OS front corroded, but not excessive)
NS front lower balljoint excessive play
Both front brake hoses excessively corroded
Backbox fooked
Rear numberplate lamp not working
OS rear fluid suspension unit leaking - not sure about this one.
Rear HC weeping
Inner NS rear arch (subframe mounting area) excessively corroded - this isn't a job that requires dropping the rear subframe, it's just close enough to the mounting area to be structural, just a wheel off job.
Handbrake efficiency too low (driver side caliper has a spring on the handbrake mechanism, guess it's been binding in the past, new/recon caliper off of ebay ~£40)
NOT MOT related, but there is rust along the front edge of the sunroof, and the sunroof motor has fallen off of the roof (screws come out due to rust) the sunroof deflector keeps the water from coming in, but this will need soritng in the future (fine, as in not leaking, for the last year)

BUT it passed the smoke test, with a holy back box! Opacity was 1.23 (limit 1.50). There were advisories, such as oil leak (maybe sump gasket) and front strut supply pipe corroded but not seriously weakened.

So if you're handy with a welder and have time/patience, this is the BX for you! It's swift, economical, been well serviced, immaculate interior, taxed till April and has two nearly new Michelins on the front. It also has 2 weeks MOT. Not really sure what it's worth, I would like more than scrap value because of tyres/tax etc so £300 is what i'm asking - please feel free to make an offer if you're interested, i'd rather it be bought by someone on here than be scrapped/stripped for spares.

You can see the back is a little high here.

At the tech weekend in May, looks great from a couple of feet away!

I've pulled the worst of the dent out, the paint has broken in one place, but only to the primer. This above is after it was hit, much much less noticable now, and the door still opens and window goes up and down fine still.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
saintjamesy89
1K Away
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Re: 1993 K TXD Turbo Triton green

Post by saintjamesy89 »

If someone on here wants it for not much, but slightly more than scrap they can have it. I may end up trading it in on Saturday when I go and look at an S80, the best the garage would give for the TXD is £125, so scrap money. I'd really rather not trade it in, but may have to...
I know I only posted the ad yesterday, but any interest - just shout.

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
saintjamesy89
1K Away
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Being scrapped tomorrow afternoon, last chance!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Sorry to hear your having to scrap it! If you do, I'd be interested in the rear brake pipe and hubcaps and glovebox lid, but it looks to good to scrap.
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

Bugger, too late again! Also after the hubcaps and glovebox...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Surely someone can step in and save this? Even if it's just for parts. I mean, how rare are Turbo rads these days?
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Dollywobbler wrote: I mean, how rare are Turbo rads these days?
Not rare at all just more expensive than other BX rads.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

That's a bit hasty tom for a BX enthusiast ! Can you not just wait a short while or offer it up on eBay?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
saintjamesy89
1K Away
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Tim Leech wrote:That's a bit hasty tom for a BX enthusiast ! Can you not just wait a short while or offer it up on eBay?
I thought of offering it on ebay Tim, but after setting a reserve, with the insertion fee and final value fee if it sells above the reserve, then it was getting less and less worth it financially. I'd love for someone to take it on as a project, as it drives so very well (cold morning in particular for turbo kick!), it's actually quite a lot quicker than the 110bhp freelander, although much more laggy.

With the haste, I bought a 2001 Freelander (yes, I know...) at trade price from Steve's dad, who received it in a part exchange Saturday morning. We just happened to be at the garage (his dad is MD of this particular Kia dealer) getting Steve's aircon done and he offered it to me at a price I couldn't say no to. It's a TD4 and has a years MOT and 6 months tax, and it's very very tidy with a full service history. I'll keep it over the winter, and then sell it at a profit next year, after i've saved up some more. This means i'll get a newer, better S80 than I would have otherwise and have a 4x4 for crap winter weather.

The TXD's MOT runs out next Tuesday, and I have nowhere to store it (the TRS' garage went to someone else after DOM bought it) so I am using it this week on temporary insurance, as it's got 3/4 of a tank of diesel. It'll have to be scrapped either Friday afternoon or Monday morning.

If anyone wants bits off of it, then please make a list below (first come first serve or otherwise by gentlemans agreement). I am very limited time wise and will be using it to get to work, so won't be able to remove anything too technical, time consuming or something that makes it undriveable.

Adamskibx - hubcaps and glovebox lid

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Hi Tom,

shame its got to be scrapped. I would like the ducting etc thats just under the bonnet.
Soundproofing thats shaped for a turbo if thats ok. Also, the pipe that runs from the bottom of the expansion tank across the top of the rad and then into the rad if thats also ok.

Andy
saintjamesy89
1K Away
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Adamskibx - hubcaps and glovebox lid
Andy - Underbonnet soundproofing/turbo ducting and expansion bottle-radiator pipe

We'll sort out prices and postage etc later guys, unless you want to PM me with an offer?

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
citroenxm
Confirmed BX'er

Post by citroenxm »

Hi..

Is the car not available as a complete car now???
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi Paul, For a split second I thought I was on the XM Forum, I see it's almost EIGHT years to the day since your last BXC forum posting too :lol:
citroenxm wrote:Hi..

Is the car not available as a complete car now???
Hopefully if your quick (By sending Tom a PM you can save it as a complete vehicle, as you have all the required skills including the welding which is needed to give it a new lease of life), So are you thinking about going back to BX ownership ?

BTW, Nice to see you posting on here , (XMX on the XM forums) :wink:
BX4X4X2
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BX4X4X2 »

Hi, I`d be happy to take the car on complete. Collecting and insurance not a problem.

It`d be a terrible waste to scrap it.

Cheers
citroenxm
Confirmed BX'er

Post by citroenxm »

Hi XMX,

Im just on the look out for a Cheap BX to restore, but not for me to return to BX ownership.. for someone else. I want to do a swap with them you see, but have little cash, but can restore.