More NEC opinions required!

Anything about BXs
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: More NEC opinions required!

Post by Tim Leech »

We will be having Graeme's GT which is as near to a new BX as you could probably get so I guess that one ticks the boxes, aslong as the cars are properly cleaned and well presented then thats all we can ask for.

I have a box full cloth's, polishes, trim shine which will be on site and Paul and I will be in charge of going round the cars daily to titivate and caress as necessary.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
prc86

Post by prc86 »

Well guys i was at the NEC show on Saturday and thats the reason i joined up the forum. Stand was superb, was really chuffed when i discovered it. =D> =D> =D>

The red GTI 'BAH' was my car of the show! Much to the amusement of the family members joining me at the show! It was identical to one my dad had back in the day.

I'm now actively hunting for a red 16v. :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

prc86 wrote:Well guys i was at the NEC show on Saturday and thats the reason i joined up the forum. Stand was superb, was really chuffed when i discovered it. =D> =D> =D>

The red GTI 'BAH' was my car of the show! Much to the amusement of the family members joining me at the show! It was identical to one my dad had back in the day.

Welcome, 16v's are VERY hard to find, Kitch (the owner of BAH) does have another which could be restored if you have deep pockets!
prc86

Post by prc86 »

Tim Leech wrote:
prc86 wrote:Well guys i was at the NEC show on Saturday and thats the reason i joined up the forum. Stand was superb, was really chuffed when i discovered it. =D> =D> =D>

Welcome, 16v's are VERY hard to find, Kitch (the owner of BAH) does have another which could be restored if you have deep pockets!
My pockets aren't massively deep however i served my time as a mechanic and have restored a few cars over the years. I'd give most things a bash.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ok well good luck!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Very nice of you to say, thanks :)

I do have another red 16v here which is due for breaking. It's not a complete car though (missing an engine for a start!)

I've ummed and ahhed about rebuilding it using bits from a rotten grey 16v I also have. It's time that's the real killer on these projects.

Sandre mentioned there was a guy with two red ones for sale if I remember correctly though.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
prc86

Post by prc86 »

Kitch wrote:

Very nice of you to say, thanks :)

I do have another red 16v here which is due for breaking. It's not a complete car though (missing an engine for a start!)

I've ummed and ahhed about rebuilding it using bits from a rotten grey 16v I also have. It's time that's the real killer on these projects.

Sandre mentioned there was a guy with two red ones for sale if I remember correctly though.

Time is whats against me most of the time, i'd consider one needing a little work but nothing that isn't complete or needs serious work. Yeah i hope the guy with the 2 red ones pops up.