A plea for help!

BX Tech talk
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

Thanks Anders,
I’ve been wondering about these shims; I have a pair of SKF kits and they don’t come with any shims at all. I wondered if SKF had decided that these shims were not really necessary; surely it wouldn’t cost that much for them to include some shims with the kits. Interestingly Citroen do a “wedges set” p/n 514-327 @ £8.85 but they didn’t have any in stock and they couldn’t tell me how many shims are in the set. I wonder if it is just a set of 9 shims from 0.15mm 0.25mm,..., 0.95mm. If it is just 9 shims then £8.85 is a lot of money for just a handful of washers.

Ellevie
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

have finally found my file with the info the site was www.bx.citroen.org i dont know if it still exists as my computer at work wont let me in . If it is not there i could send them to one of you computer boffins who could clean them up and distribute to other members.
in case you are all wondering i have 2 19tgd estates a gti (hibernating) and i let the wife slum it in a xantia 19td estate!
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

I could translate but can't be arsed :^o . Diagrams are brilliant though for someone like myself who generally can't identify the bits and bobs described in text 8) . I feel almost confident enough to tackle the job but would prefer to do it on spare arms rather than get stuck with BX butt in the air :shock: :roll:. As mentioned before though old arms were chucked due to maltreatment, I vote there should be a RSPC ^^bx>
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

i have got the whole thing in english so how can i get this to you all .?
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

The site
http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~ynar/bxorg_archives/
has an "EN pages" English link on the bottom left of the page which leads to
http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~ynar/bxorg_a ... dex-e.html
and
http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~ynar/bxorg_a ... /m07e.html
which has the same pics with English text.
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

Thanks for finding that it means i can get fresh new copies as the ones i have have been covered in oil ,will "borrow" some polypockets for the next lot or even laminate them !!
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Kitch - I've done a couple before now, live in Gosport, have a couple of "special tools", and access to reasonably well-equipped workspace over the next two weekends. Will PM you.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

David, all the 24mm stuff Chez J in the grey flightcase is available at weekend (And probably coffee if you are lucky!). J isn't away until Monday.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Thanks for all help.

I took the GT to David R's last weekend (a thoroughly nice guy too). He helped/did all the work and the car rides 100times better.

I may attempt the 16v's myself, its the anti roll bar clamp I'm worried about.....I will invest in a 1/2inch deep socket :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)