8v GTi Venetian Red in Sligo, Ireland

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Enda

8v GTi Venetian Red in Sligo, Ireland

Post by Enda »

Hi folks,

I bought this as a temporary runabout 2 months ago and I'm quite fond of it now. It has less than 79k on the clock and the GTi interior is very clean. Pics below!

Regards, Enda.
ImageImageImage
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Re: 8v GTi Venetian Red in Sligo, Ireland

Post by MULLEY »

Low mileage, alway's liked my 8valve Gti, it was good fun to drive. You've got the slightly wider speedlines fitted from a 16v by the way, Gti's didn't come with the alloy wheels, it was an optional extra & would have been the slightly narrower 5j silver sized one's. Someone will have fitted those 16v one's at some point, there's no issue having them fitted :)
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

I have a gti 8v myself in ven red wearing its original steels, currently doin some work for the mot, hope to have it on the road shortly.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Lovely!! Keep it!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
kieran.l
BXpert

Post by kieran.l »

..that_ Why temporary, hold onto it! :) ^^bx> Bring it to the All-Ireland rally next year :wink:
Kieran

1984 BX 19RD
2018 Peugeot 3008 1.5 BlueHDi EAT8
Enda

Post by Enda »

Thanks all.

Cheers for letting me know about the speed lines, Mulley; I had no idea but I really like them anyways so I'll leave them be.

Hi Kieran, nice to know I'm not the only one in Ireland with a BX, I haven't seen one on the road over here for years. When is the rally? I bought the BX to do me while my E30 Touring is getting a diesel conversion but as I mentioned, I'm quite fond of it now so I need to see if I can keep it in the family somehow :)
Jason

Post by Jason »

Lookes very nice! :)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Where are you from jason? what BX do you have, and of course warm welcome!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
kieran.l
BXpert

Post by kieran.l »

Enda wrote: Hi Kieran, nice to know I'm not the only one in Ireland with a BX, I haven't seen one on the road over here for years. When is the rally? I bought the BX to do me while my E30 Touring is getting a diesel conversion but as I mentioned, I'm quite fond of it now so I need to see if I can keep it in the family somehow :)
Yes great to have another BXer about! :D Honestly, I can't remember the last time that I've seen one on the roads here, they are very few and far between! I'm not sure how many members from Ireland are active on here and haven't yet met any other Irish BX enthusiast, even at last years CCC rally where I was the only one with a BX! :shock: However, the fact that it was held in the North may have been too far a trip for some. Last year was the first rally I wnr to. Hopefully there will be a few BXs at this years one. It is going to be on in Clonmel from 27-29th June. Its a good chance to meet other Citroen lovers and do a bit of sight seeing! The details below are taken from the CCC facebook page:
All Ireland Family Holiday Rally 27 - 29 June 2014

This will be based at Clonmel; a busy town with good shopping, scenic walks, historic buildings, a small motor museum and the famous Rock of Cashel is only 16 km (10 miles) away. Cahir Castle and Swiss Cottage, both interesting buildings, are a similar distance from Clonmel. For those who wish to, a visit to the motor museum can be arranged. Also, a walking tour of the town, covering several aspects and variable length, can be arranged. For energetic people, Sliabh na Mban is there to be climbed!

Research for a scenic convoy drive on the Sunday is currently in hand

An arrangement has been made with the Clonmel Park hotel to hold a number of rooms until June 1st 2014 for our use. Two nights bed and full breakfast and one three course dinner plus tea or coffee (on Saturday evening) in a standard double or twin room will cost €99 per person sharing (£85 at current rates). Single supplement for the two nights is €30 (£25). For those wishing to stay for three nights the cost is €139 pps (£119 pps). Family rooms are also available and there are some concessions for young children. Cancellation is up to 48 hours before arrival time.

To book your accommodation please contact the hotel directly at Int + 353 (0)52 6188700 and ask for Michelle or Rachel mentioning the Citroen Car Club.

E-mail: reservations@clonmelparkhotel.com

The postal address is: Clonmel Park Hotel, Cahir Road, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary

Book early and avoid disappointment! Please contact CCC Organiser: John O’Sullivan as well so he knows who's coming. Details in the Citroenian Magazine.
If you're fond of it, it would be nice to hold onto it, especially given their rarity! Mine is off the road and stored for most of the year, only emerges in the summer months. Have you had Citroens previously?
Kieran

1984 BX 19RD
RogerPorter
Confirmed BX'er

Post by RogerPorter »

Hi Kieran,
I'm not sure how many members from Ireland are active on here
I'm not active on here but i do lurk :wink:
haven't yet met any other Irish BX enthusiast, even at last years CCC rally
I'm an enthusiast who doesn't currently have a BX :)

Hope to see you in Clonmel in a ............ decision to made nearer the time!

Cheers,
Roger
1999 XM 2.1TD VSX Auto
1998 Xantia TD
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1990 XM 2.0Si
1985 2CV6 Special
1983 Visa Super E
1981 Dyane 6
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

View one of my previous posts, gti 8v H963AAE, to see some before/after pics. Seems your paintwork has survived quite well like mine, i guess due to being kept undercover, unlike my tzdt which is aptly called 50 shades of red, im currently battling good old british weather to get the welding done to the gti inner wings for the mot along with a few other minor issues, i believe the are only twenty odd gti 8v left in the uk so you have quite a rare beast there, and even rarer in ven red as i found for some reason ven red ones rust out sooner than most having owned 4 ven reds a welder was a good investment. How many gti's are still surviving in Ireland?
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Enda

Post by Enda »

Cheers Kieran. This BX was a chance acquaintance, I haven't owned a Citroen before although I've always loved the look of the DS and CX. When I saw the BX on done deal.ie, I jumped at it, especially as it was only 20 minutes away from me in Sligo. It originally came from St. Ives in the UK, judging by the original bill of sale and the sticker on the rear widow :)
kieran.l wrote:Yes great to have another BXer about! :D Honestly, I can't remember the last time that I've seen one on the roads here, they are very few and far between! I'm not sure how many members from Ireland are active on here and haven't yet met any other Irish BX enthusiast, even at last years CCC rally where I was the only one with a BX! :shock: However, the fact that it was held in the North may have been too far a trip for some. Last year was the first rally I wnr to. Hopefully there will be a few BXs at this years one. It is going to be on in Clonmel from 27-29th June. Its a good chance to meet other Citroen lovers and do a bit of sight seeing!
@rutter123: Nice save, re. H963AAE! I don't know how many GTi's are over here, I haven't seen them on the road since I was at school, over 20 years ago!
kieran.l
BXpert

Post by kieran.l »

kieran.l wrote:I'm not sure how many members from Ireland are active on here and haven't yet met any other Irish BX enthusiast, even at last years CCC rally
Hi Roger, my apologies, I hadn't forgotten you :) What I meant was BXers from southern Ireland! :oops:

How are things with you?
RogerPorter wrote: Hope to see you in Clonmel in a ............ decision to made nearer the time!
How are you keeping? It would be nice to see the Visa at Clonmel but obviously the XM would be more comfortable!

Did you buy the LNA that was on DoneDeal a few months back? I read something in the Citroenian :)
Enda wrote:This BX was a chance acquaintance, I haven't owned a Citroen before although I've always loved the look of the DS and CX. When I saw the BX on done deal.ie, I jumped at it, especially as it was only 20 minutes away from me in Sligo. It originally came from St. Ives in the UK, judging by the original bill of sale and the sticker on the rear widow :)
rutter123 wrote:View one of my previous posts, gti 8v H963AAE, to see some before/after pics.
Enda, that was a good chance encounter so :lol: My car is also from the UK. In fact, of the 4 BXs my father and uncle had years back, only one was an original Irish-registered car. I will have to take a look at rutters posts!

Rutter, unfortunately we do not have the "howmanyleft" website like in the UK so its hard to know. All I know is that there are only 2 mk1s and 12 mk2s roadworthy in Ireland, known to the CCC, if I remember correctly.
Kieran

1984 BX 19RD
kieran.l
BXpert

Post by kieran.l »

:lol: By coincidence, I've just recieved an email from CCC southern Ire representative Noel O'Dwyer re. an 8V GTi thats come up for sale from an Irish CCC member :lol: Original Irish car, 1992, 182K miles, NCT'd, White, speedlines. Looks nice and straight.
Kieran

1984 BX 19RD
RogerPorter
Confirmed BX'er

Post by RogerPorter »

Hi Kieran,
I'm doing grand thanks, but a bit too busy to keep on top of all the car stuff!
my apologies, I hadn't forgotten you :) What I meant was BXers from southern Ireland! :oops:
I was only joking, but apologies accepted :wink:
It would be nice to see the Visa at Clonmel but obviously the XM would be more comfortable!
The Visa is surprisingly comfortable tho slower and noisier than the XM, and fuel costs would be comparable. However, the petrol XM would guzzle way too much fuel on that trip so I think it'll stay home.
Did you buy the LNA that was on DoneDeal a few months back? I read something in the Citroenian
I inquired about the LNA but the cost of driving down to see it would probably have outweighed it's value! Then, despite it's rarity here, there was the cost of storage, transport, repair etc. so it became a non-starter for me.

Cheers,
Roger
1999 XM 2.1TD VSX Auto
1998 Xantia TD
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1990 XM 2.0Si
1985 2CV6 Special
1983 Visa Super E
1981 Dyane 6