D reg. 16TRS auto - needs to find a home . . . quick.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tinkley
1K Away

Re: D reg. 16TRS auto - needs to find a home . . . quick.

Post by Tinkley »

Sorry if it was confusing Tim, the manuals' gearbox oil should be the Total BV75-80. Engine oil, well I use 10-40 semi synth which is fine. I suspect you don't have 20-50 synth in the gearbox!. Even good independents will swear by using the correct oil in the gearbox and also using Bendix brake pads. I'm not too impressed with the Mintex pads from GSF - too much disc wear (on fronts). I will have to change discs and pads for next year. My old 1.4 had 2 sets of replacement front pads (Bendix) and no replacement discs in its 175k life.

I used to run the unit 150C engine on 15-50 (Duckhams) it seemed to quite like that blend, light enough to lube the engine but enough grunt for the gearbox.

There were a few dodges to get round 'pinking' , like retarding the timing fractionally. It's just that whilst Europe went 'unleaded' there were a lot of transition changes. Valve materials and seats were changed, compression ratios and cam timing as well as ignition dwell. The US (esp California) had unleaded way earlier so the Japanese had already developed their engineering to handle it eg Kawasaki started with all unleaded engines in 72. Thats the year the Morini 3 1/2 entered the market, it was supposed to tun on 100 octane leaded fuel. If anyone still has a 150C unit running I'm sure they will confirm it runs better on 4* (when you can find it) but OK on LRP.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

This car is now MOTed and nigh on on the road again.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Well done!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well done!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Nice one Thread Bear you kept that quiet. =D>
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Kept postings to my blog, as it is of limited interest to most. So far relatively simple as it is fundamentally a good car, far to good to have scrapped, so thanks to those who suggested, and made, saving it possible =D> .

The suspension is now fully serviced, although the pump belt looks a little iffy. The rear spheres looked like cannon balls off the Marie Rose, but unlike Gary's, knocked off without drama. No leaks! Ooh eck, should not have said that [-o< .
The carb is compromised but I shall hold off messing till all other serviceable are done. Like back flushing the cooling system as it looks nasty. It might be that the choke loop is clagged up :( . Really after that it is some miles to see if anything becomes too loose :? .

I have to say I am not yet that impressed by the driving experience. Half the time it feels in the wrong gear. It did the thing that incenses me with autos, changed gear mid way round a corner, mucking up my line :x . Still get it settled down before a decision. The delights of empty lanes for test drives. Moving was the right thing to do :D .
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Glad it's been resurrected. When I took it for a short test drive in Blackpool it felt like it wanted to please it's next custodian. Such a sweet little thing. Well done. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.