were it on here ( plip battery's )

Anything about BXs
citronut
Over 2k

were it on here ( plip battery's )

Post by citronut »

was it someone on here recently asking what battery's are in the BX plip, or was it over on the CCC forum????
if so was the question answered, just in case,

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=v13ga+battery&tbm=shop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
citronut
Over 2k

Re: were it on here ( plip battery's )

Post by citronut »

ps.

found it
twaz over on the CCC forum

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

citronut wrote:was it someone on here recently asking what battery's are in the BX plip, or was it over on the CCC forum????
if so was the question answered, just in case,

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=v13ga+battery&tbm=shop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

regards malcolm
Hi Malcolm,
I can't recall that request on here, but its all been discussed before in THIS thread, which you also posted in :wink:

The original/correct spec. battery for the bulker type 'Tx-plip' (with the Red bladed button) is an '11A' which happens to be 6 volts (When new), 2-off on E-bay for £1.27 !

Click on image for link !
citronut wrote:ps.

found it
twaz over on the CCC forum

regards malcolm
I hope you've given the OP on the CCC the correct info ?

:lol:

Last edited by RxBX on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

My original for the 16V used 3 of the ones Malcolm mentions, as does the one i'm currently selling on ebay. However, a couple of my others used the 11A, they all worked fine.

Never noticed the voltag difference!
I have zero patience for your tedium.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I've used both types of battery in the same keyfob, with seemingly no ill effects. Maximum voltage for the TEA5500 chip in the fob is 7 volts, so I guess it matters little.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Beware the 'professionally' fitted after-market alarm systems of this era. The Trooper fault has now been found. The alarm was not installed correctly and the service wires mounted lazily where access was easy on the battery end of the live cable. One lead had work hardened its connector in use and the high resistance was what was creating problems with the system. I now wonder if my war against these devices was often the same issue, undiagnosed. The correct mounting for the feeds into the alarm are from the live feed distribution point, not the clamp on the end of the battery. I recommend you consider a tidy up and removal from the clamp end if your alarm is not reliable.

Same guy wired the trailer plug back to front as well. Bright boy clearly. Fortunately my extra upper body mass got me out of that hole by just shoving the plug in the wrong way round breaking the mounting and changing two wires in the light unit. With a load of asbestos roofing panels on my trailer for reuse I would have got the green idiot police excited, if stopped. Love the lichen and moss look and there is no good reason not to reuse this stuff. Especially when it is free and such an idea is banned. Banned substances are so often the best stuff for the job. Like Trich for cleaning electrics like Dynostarters, and misfitted alarm systems.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Banned substances are so often the best stuff for the job.
Chatting with a knowledgable garden centre chap yesterday, seeking advice and to the best fungicide to use on a probable Armillaria mellea infection of my privit hedging, he happened to mention that Copper Sulphate would have been the best if you could still get it. "Excellent" said I: I have lots of it.

I also have to creosote the workshop sometime this year... oh yes - real creosote from the stash in the garage :D
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Oooh, Plip for sale - I'm missing one for Mitch the 4x4! I'll probably have a go on that, once I've found the thread on here about reprogamming them (sure I saw it here somewhere!)
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

citsncycles wrote:Oooh, Plip for sale - I'm missing one for Mitch the 4x4! I'll probably have a go on that, once I've found the thread on here about reprogramming them (sure I saw it here somewhere!)
Here you Mike to Jays F/S PLIP-POST which includes the link to reprogramming :wink:

electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Like Trich for cleaning electrics like Dynostarters, and misfitted alarm systems.
Do you mean this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Litres-Chlo ... 3a8437c6b8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Thanks RxBX!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!