The Fleet blog and Mollie's restoration at Chevronics.

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: The Fleet blog

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Busy, busy, busy! Look forward to seeing you at the X if I can make it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Today sent Wilma my 1984 BX19 RD off to the Chevronic Centre for a full restoration. Cant wait to get her back.
Also got the TZD back having had clutch problems which were getting worse. Clutch was replaced but the problem was that the clutch arm had totally siezed. Anyway, hopefully all sorted.
All i have been driving of late have been MK 1 BXs, either Sophie or Gloria, cant wait to get the TZD going rapido again. She has been suffering a bit of late with poor idling and cutting out but i have replaced all leak off pipes and fuel and air filters so fingers crossed alls sorted.

AndyImage
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I cant wait to see her Andy, to think 6 months ago she was destined for the scrapyard so she fell lucky!

Rob will make a great job and loves his BX's as much as we do!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

She is too good to scrap and ime sure Rob will do a cracking job. He can then have a go at Gloria's window pillars and a few other things followed by Sophie!!

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I must say it does my heart good to see people seeing BX's as more than old bangers and are prepared to spend far more than the cars worth to preserve it, Des' St Tropez was one, my DTR another plus this RD
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

At last i have managed to get hold of a RHD auto box selector panel from a club member[thanks Cliff] and fitted it to Gloria.
At least i can now see what i have selected. Simple to swap over too.

Andy
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Bit more news re the fleet.
On Monday last, Mollie, the 1985 BX19 RD, the one without the passenger wing mirror was collected and transported to Chevronics for a full resto, so another one saved. I collected this one for free about 18 months ago and i have decided its about time something was done to her. Far to good to scrap and Rob Moss was quite impressed with the lack of rust, especially underneath at the back.
The white TGS Estate's head gasket has failed so she will be 'under the spanner' next month and at the moment i have only 4 BXs here. The n/a diesel Estate is currently with Malcolm in St Leonards, needing a lot of welding and an mot. Was seriously considering scrapping her as she needs a set of sub frame reinforcing mounts and yesterday managed to get a set from Chevronics. Fingers crossed Malc can fit these and bring the old girl back from the brink.
Last w/end, went to Hever Castle for the CCC South East Sections Rally, great day, great cars and promptly lost my wallet. Luckily it was handed in so day not spoiled. My faith in human nature well restored.
House now up for sale so i expect a mad rush in clearing more things soon.

Andy
Goria at the S/E Rally last weekend.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Looks like this one is now mine.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Awesome!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Welcome to the ranks of G ownership. I've never tried a Cmatic, but if you like the ride of Mk1 BX's, you'll love this one - a bit more body roll, but soooo soft with the correct spheres fitted!

Bodywork's critical on these, and they're more complicated structurally than a BX, but parts are out there if you search. Mechanically, if you know how to approach them I actually find some jobs easier than on the BX. The only down side side is parts costs, but at least you can get almost everything you need.

If there are problems with the front under tray or rear sub frame, give Bourne Garage a call as last I checked he had some rust free Australian import parts at reasonable prices.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Thanks for the info Mike, sorry for the delay in replying, just got back from Looe this morning, completely knackered.
Rob Moss will be sorting the GSA out, dont yet know what to call her?? Any ideas?
House now up for sale, quite a bit of interest so fingers crossed and i was advised that the house i found near Liskeard which subsequently sold has fallen through and is now back on the market so now toes crossed too.

Andy
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Good luck with the house sale (and hopefully purchase!). Is the one at Liskeard the one you were telling me about at the X Rally?
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Yes Mike,
fingers crossed again ime back in the running for it. [a barn for 15 BXs] If so, you will be welcome as will any BXC member.

Andy
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Mothman wrote:ime back in the running for it. [a barn for 15 BXs]
Andy
Wow, you have a list of 9 cars above so does that mean you then will be looking for 6 more? :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Way2go wrote:
Mothman wrote:ime back in the running for it. [a barn for 15 BXs]
Andy
Wow, you have a list of 9 cars above so does that mean you then will be looking for 6 more? :wink:
You never know bud. :wink:

Andy