TIMS BX BLOG

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Re: TIMS BX BLOG

Post by Defender110 »

Tim Leech wrote:Note to oneself, next time you change the LHM and clean out the tank, wear rubber gloves!

O dear have you been bit? I'm surprised at a well practised BXer like yourself still getting bitten by this one, 'The dog is friendly and we're now getting on well, he won't bite me this time' :roll: hope it's not serious?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I have changed it before but never been bitten, I was aware of the sharp edge and did have a cloth wrapped round my hand, but that wasnt thick enough....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Rather Citroenless at the moment, they are all tucked away in garages with most motoring shenanigans being either Rover or Morris flavoured, the Sd1 is all mended and should be appearing in a road test feature in Classic and Sportscar in November if all goes to plan (the shoot is in stevenage next month).

Margo the Minor after me messing around with the suspension and getting it all wrong is now back together with new parts and passed her MOT on Friday with a small advisory. We attended the MMOC branch rally yesterday which was 1.4 miles from my front door which involved lots of rain, a trip down the canal in a barge (where the driver fell off into the water before we set off didnt bode well). The new duotone seats and fat rear steels make it look much better although she has now developed a misfire when warm which we think is electrical so a new coil, rotor arm, leads and plusg will be fitted as they are pennies.

The estate parts hoard is growing it albeit slowly, I picked up a bonnet last weekend from rutter and genuine estate plastic load liner from a ex member yesterday who used a 19TXD on a L plate as a daily which has racked up some 205000 miles!. after seeing a lhd BX in Citroen Rescue estate colours I am half tempted to emulate it albeit in silver and red!

Sadly I wont be at the midlands rally this year again but hope to be at the XM shindig if work permits.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Im now BX'less,....well I cashed the tax in on the TZI today as the MOT runs out so its now hiding away under a sheet in the "barn" along with the GT and keyless Xantia (yes Ive lost them)...The Minor broke down on wednesday which was diagonosed as a fuel pump which righted itself after an hour of sitting in the pub waiting for the RAC...so a new one will be sourced.

The 25 is now mended and awaiting a MOT and some tidying and the estate is awaiting Mr Smiths expert hands.

Im tempted to get the GT mot'ed but as there isnt anymore shows is it wortwhile.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Tim Leech wrote:Im tempted to get the GT mot'ed but as there isnt anymore shows is it wortwhile.
Erm, well, you could try driving it :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Kitch wrote:
Tim Leech wrote:Im tempted to get the GT mot'ed but as there isnt anymore shows is it wortwhile.

You need spare time for the Kitch...something I know you dont get much of and neither do I!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Tim Leech wrote:
Kitch wrote:

You need spare time for the Kitch...something I know you dont get much of and neither do I!
True I have little spare time, but I still drive my BX around :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Well it has been interesting driving the Minor a bit - the only car I've ever driven with drum front brakes....whoaaaaa.... :lol:

Actually the Rover 90 may have had drums but definitely had a servo as the pedal pressure was reasonable for effort. You need that with 28 cwt of car (note old money units to suit) to stop. Oddly enough the first car I ever drove all 2.6 ltr of it. Now what is the insurance for a 17 yr old and a 2.6 ltr car today? :lol:
Last edited by Tinkley on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Tinkley wrote:Well it has been interesting driving the Minor a bit - the only car I've ever driven with drum front brakes....whoaaaaa.... :lol:
Mine has a servo which helps, but its quite labour intensive! :lol:

My problem (well not an issue) is having a compnay car which has to be on site at work so I cant really use the old ones for the commute.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Hmm, im getting BX withdrawl symptoms at the moment, diesel manual hatch would be perfect but I just cant! Think I may get the GT mot'ed and once the new tax rules come in do it on the d/d!
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I'm enjoying the last throes of BX induced pleasure. The tax runs out tonight, so I'm making sure I eke out the last remaining dregs of the excise duty. Then it's hibernation until Spring.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

mds141 wrote:Then it's hibernation until Spring.
What about the BX?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

mat_fenwick wrote:
mds141 wrote:Then it's hibernation until Spring.
What about the BX?
:D
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Timex is going to be getting as much use as possible over the next couple of weeks until the MOT runs out - the XM is nice, but when I drove Timex for the first time in several weeks the other day I couldn't remove the grin from my face!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

The whithdrawl symptoms seem to be worsening, I think I may need to pop down to see Mr Smith and visit my estate as we havent seen each other for 6 month!