You don't want to miss this one

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Chill out Ken! :shock:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It would have been ideal for me too, or rather `er indoors, but a recent holiday and the fact we were supposed to be saving for a mortgage went against it. I say `supposed` as I`ve just gone and forked out £870 for a week in Skegness in July :cry:
Any `available` I have knocking about now is going on cars which I can sell on for a few quid here and there to restore my savings, hence the recent purchases of a Vectra, an Astra TD and a Corsa TD all at stupidly cheap prices. Unfortunately second cars (to keep) are a luxury we can`t afford at the moment.
For what it`s worth Ken, & whilst I appreciate what you say about eBay, with a full test on it it`s quite likely to meet your mate`s asking price or more.
Perhaps it`s a case of right car, wrong time for a few potential buyers as perhaps is Sleepy`s? I don`t think anyone would question the quality or value of your friend`s and Sleepy`s cars and who knows, both might sell within a short measure of time.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

It makes little difference to me wether or not this car sells on here or elsewhere, after all it's not mine.

But I find it very annoying contstantly reading about people searching for decent BXs either to replace theirs or replace cars they cannot afford to run.

There are currently listed on here two of the best and well cared for BXs around. Yet there are no takers.
I also realise as has been said, not the right time or place which is fair enough, but I bet if I were to check BXspotting there will be no shortage of mentions of half decent cars listed on ebay and our members who are interested in bidding on them to the point of asking other members not to bid against them.
As Tom said in an earlier post, all ebay cars will need something doing. This has certainly been the case in my experiance. Both this one and Sleepy's car do not. You get what you pay for.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It's important to recognise that enthusiasm has to give way to practical considerations and, although there may be lots of enthusiasm shown for those infamous 'eBay cars', (and who wants to stiffle such interest in the BX?), it'll rarely amount to much in the way of actual purchases.

Sleepy's car would make an ideal purchase for someone. It will no doubt represent an excellent buy - and there will be someone out there who will appreciate it. Likewise the diesel auto - a very tempting car too.

However we are all generally driving around in BXs. And the amount of effort and expense that has gone into our respective cars will mean that - in spite of our enthusiasm for other BXs we see either through the forum or on eBay - we will tend to stop short of fulfilling our BX fantasies by buying a BX we don't need.

No-one should misinterpret anyone's 'I really want this one!' sentiments voiced in the 'Spotting' section (And I'm as guilty as the next man) as anything other than an expresion of - 'If I only had the time/space/money etc'!

I agree there is a lot of 'right car/wrong time'. A Visa on eBay recently seriously tempted me and if I hadn't been caught up in a load of other things at the moment, might've been the winning bidder...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I agree with Phil on this one, we all know i have got bitten by the Ebay bug and have bought 3 off there in the past year, all of which have been sold on again better cars then when I bought them!, and Ive lost money on everyyone of them.

With myself its as much lack of time and know how to get them how I want them.

If i had the space trust me I would be upto 10 bxs by now! :oops:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tim, to be fair you`ve probably saved more BX`s than anyone recently and you`ve turned some quite down at heel ones into respectable cars for others to enjoy and good on you for doing so.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No probs I do love them and would like to save everyone if I had the time and money to do so but you have to be practical. Which goes against the grain lol