TIMS BX BLOG

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Re: TIMS BX BLOG

Post by Defender110 »

He didn't cheat on the lighting neither, expensive bit or ARRI lighting kit there, movie quality gear!
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Tim - PM sent.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Tim Leech wrote:Had a chat with a journo last night and he wanst to come over and chat about what to look for and also take some snaps of the TZI as a comparison (best get that MOT'ed then too), Mk1/MK2 side by side and the differences in interior, spec, gearbox and ride etc.

Exciting!
Eerrr like colour?...... :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Defender110 wrote:He didn't cheat on the lighting neither, expensive bit or ARRI lighting kit there, movie quality gear!

Indeed he was "proper"
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

The pics have come back from the photograher and they do look stunning, they are currently on facebook and I have no access to photobucket at work and doing it on a ipad at home is a faff!
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

And here they are . . .

It's the Otto Models monthly newsletter. 8)
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Thanks Paul, she does look the business!

Its come along way from the crashed and dirty car I pulled on to a flat bed trailer 7 years ago!
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Any 'before' pics Tim? I don't think I've seen it in it's 'pre-pampered' state. It's a credit to you. Well done that man. :) =D>
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I didnt have a camera phone back then Mark, theres some pictures of it when Adam got it and tbh it didnt look much different to as it does now asides steel wheels and a long nosed bonnet. By the time I had it the paint was very flat, sunroof was sealed shut (with sellotape) and the front end was bent, the radio was out and loose wires were hanging and it was mucky, there was a nasty crease in one door and the drivers door was rusty.

From memory it did 11'000 miles in about a year or so than a year compared to the 43000 it had done in the previous 20!

if you searh through adams posts theres quite abit about the car.

heres one

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/ ... 006003.jpg
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Well the minors gone, 500 miles in 18 months and Michael really didn't like so I sold it for £3250 on eBay, it hasnt gone yet bud it's looking promising.

I'll stick to the 2 Bx's and the Sd1 from now on, I'm considering a career change with less hours which could mean some economising plus 4 cars is plenty.

Seasons Greetings to all!
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

I'm still getting used to my partners Minor (1098cc), er having changed the head gasket, heater matrix take off, exhaust, indicator relay etc I'm getting there!. Not bad steering, suspension esp on raer ie leaf springs suck after BX. Not too 'orrible.... :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

As much as loved the way it looked I didn't drive it too far as it's just not comfortable and the rides naff.

The empty garage can house my mums old Rover 25 which was given too me in July, we've had it since new and it's always slept outside in all weathers until now, bless it.

I may end up company car less for the first time in 15 years if I decide to change tack.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I have to say the MM didn't seem quite 'you' but maybe I'm B(X)iased! Lol
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

The bx's are my first motoring love, I've been on the forum for nearly 10 years now and still enjoy them and the shows so I will stick with what I know, I've made some lasting friendships here too where the other car clubs have waxed and wained.
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

First car I ever drove was a Rover - a 90! 2 tone beige and grey - 17 mpg.... Then a Triumph 2 ltr (pale blue), Sunbeam (Chrysler) 1.0 ltr and then a BX 14RE which was the second car I've owned. Once I got used to it (and got an idle jet put in the carb where there was none) I don't think I've ever regretted buying it. Although I've been in a number of other cars very few get close to the BX even to this day as a really capable all rounder. The long distance comfort is excellent, better than the C4 (09) yet it will happily pootle to the shops. Probably the most spacious car for it's length short of a van too.

The real shame is that Citröen did not do a full redesign of the concept to meet the 94 crash regs. Xantia too big and heavy etc etc. Sad to see the excellent hydraulics all but eliminated from a family car in the current line up. Despite the relative 'crudeness' of the BX interior compared to modern stuff, it was a well conceived vehicle. I note the new face lifted C4 has a better drivers instrument binacle - going back to what works..... :lol: For the record the '09 C4 has a rolling diameter of 630mm on the tyres (the BX 580mm) to try and get some of the 'comfort' back, oooh and a slightly longer wheelbase to do it as well.

The Minor (Traf Blue) we have is used frequently and one reason is cheap insurance for 17 year olds! I won't be using it for long trips, but it's done 1k+ in five months. Must fix all those lovely rust holes in the bodywork..... :wink: