CV removal

BX Tech talk
artic-steel

CV removal

Post by artic-steel »

How do i get the CV off the driveshaft to replace the boot?, i can't see or feel a circlip.
Sorry for the basic questions but i'm new to this & without a haynes manual for the time being.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Remove the boot from the CV (unclip and ease back) Sharply tap the back of the CV with a hammer and it should come off. Easier if the shaft is off the car and clamped in a vice. Be careful refitting the CV as it's very easy to damage the securing clip.
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Peel back the rubber and bend the joint to max articulation, look inrto the joint, you should see the inner part adjacent the shaft, tap his smartly with a light hammer and the CV should fall off, theres only a wire circlip holding it on, where in North Wales are you? Im in Wrexham,
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Jobs a good 'un, thanks guys that was an enjoyable weekend, just got to put her back together now, i've got the CV back on so it should be straight foward.
I'm also in Wrexham Stewart
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I have lots of BX bits,if you get stuck get in touch, Im actually at Acrefair.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Thanks, i don't have much at the moment but i'm planning on getting a few spares so likewise i maybe worth a shout if your after anything, i'm in Rhostyllen
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I can feel a BX friendship coming on!