drive shaft

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Re: drive shaft

Post by ken newbold »

Think we're at cross-purposes here. Are you counting the "splines" around the outer edge of the CV joint? as I wouldn't call them splines, not sure what I would call em to be honest, but they're the things that the ABS sensor reads.
I'm thinking more about the splines that are on the shaft itself that locates into the CV joint as I know there are two different types. One type being an actual pig to get off when you have to change the CV boot.
They think it's all over, it is now!
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

ken newbold wrote:Think we're at cross-purposes here. Are you counting the "splines" around the outer edge of the CV joint? as I wouldn't call them splines, not sure what I would call em to be honest, but they're the things that the ABS sensor reads.
I'm thinking more about the splines that are on the shaft itself that locates into the CV joint as I know there are two different types. One type being an actual pig to get off when you have to change the CV boot.
Ken, OP must be talking about the number of ABS ring segments which is alway 90 for BXs. There are three lots of actual splines on the driveshafts but none of them is ever anywhere near half of 90.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
really?
BXpert

Post by really? »

Yup reluctor ring splines