TIMS BX BLOG

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: TIMS BX BLOG

Post by Tim Leech »

Well I seem to be mostly XUDT powered at the moment, the now shiny white Xantia with plug and play 10 disc changer (it had the loom fitted at the factory) keeping me entertained....its very smooth and you can tell its done low miles (76k) but feels fat and slow compared to J119! which goes like a scolded cat if a little baggy at times.

Pictures to be taken when its de dented and has round wheels fitted!

It is nice to have a car with working aircon as I seem to be on the change and getting hot flushes! :cry:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm looking forward to Xantia ownership again, surprisingly. The BX is great but bloody hell is it noisy* when compared to the Rover and my old Xantia (which was admittedly a 2.0 turbo).
*So much so I might remove the induction kit and fit the original airbox and a new filter back...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

The Xantia is much more insulated car, the 2.0 auto is especially wafty and cossetting as Mr Mullen will concur but the BX is still a car I sit in and feel at home and look forward to driving.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Well we've bought a caravan! It was too much of a good deal to turn down although Michael's not thrilled! Xantia Athena is the daily driver and hasn't a tow bar so I've located one and all get it fitted in time for the chevrons.

The eBay bargain wheels have been refurbed and adorn the aforementioned Xantia and the car is so much more stable, no wheel wobble and the ride believe it or not is loads better! I attended the midlands rally, well if you call it that as there was probably 30 people, and the wheels were a talking point! Ranging from awesome to horrid (by an older gentlemen with a c5 estate. Seems the old tyres were very hard. J119 is now I store with the red Xantia, GT and Sd1 and is now sorned.

Last edited by Tim Leech on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

£100 complete with all pots and pans !
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Side view of the pimped Xantia, which makes the wheels look HUGE, they are in fact 17" which is standard size for most cars these days...
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

But from that angle you can't see the larger 2CV wheel size....... :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Tow bar for the Xantia now fitted, amazed at how easy the rear bumper came off, the bar itself is used but fine, sadly it came boltless so a trip to the local caravan suppliers got me some bolts, just awaiting my mate who's and auto electrician to wire it up.

In other news our little Jack was snapped at by a springer spaniel (which is rare as they are normally very friendly) when he was on his walk with Michael, thankfully he was pulled away before anything major happened but he was VERY shaken the poor mite (he's only little), and I think he may have twisted or pulled something in the excitement as he has a very slight limp and he's normally very jumpy (we call him jumping jack as if you show him his lead he bounces around like madman!) but this morning he didn't, although there is no visual injuries. The dog owner was apologetic but he should have had it on a lead, Jack doesn't like other dogs and can get vocal and aggressive and for that reason we don't let him off on his walk as its a popular place for local dog owners.

I'm sure he will be fine but Michael was very upset as he loves that dog, as do I.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Well ive lost my towing virginity, the white car towed the caravan back with no incident and asides a few extra gear changes and some slow hills all was well, that self levelling suspension isn't half useful!

Now to get the 1989 Marauder up to standard, it has a few dents but they are part of its character, previously its travelled all round Europe but will stay local except for some of the larger rally's further afield...its blinking filthy but that's just dust and bird poo from sitting in a barn for a few years, I've got some wheel trims for it (C15D ones in fact, and a set of el cheapos depending which fit easiest) and intent to smarten it up with a few stickers, we have already changed the front lamp lenses as they were sold old and brown they didn't let any light, a new pair were £12 a asset of LED bulbs were £3.

I have yet to work out what goes where when it comes to water containers, leisure batteries but I have this weekend to do that as I will be towing it down to the Chevrons Rally in a couple of weeks time...as long as the Xantia has its new bumper, spoiler and grill painted and fitted and the two creased doors repaired.....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Busy busy then!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

We liked our caravan - but I used it only as an outside office!

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

A younger larger cousin!
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Round here most of the houses have covenents stating 'No dwelling places on wheels'.

My house actually has three of these dated 1913, 1914 and 1921, so could there have been gypsies?.... :lol:
Rumour has it that in the 60s' a few 'locals' would do 'jobs' for the Krays' etc then merge back into this wilderness.

Fortunately only have a boat trailer and access to a small box trailer which I collect the winter firewood in. So far barring one tree, everything has come from within 400 meters over some 12 years so quite green!.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I quite like towing! Michael hates it!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Whats with the Fast and the Furious wheels then Tim??
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)