8v GTi - breaking for parts/whole car

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tinkley
1K Away

Re: 8v GTi - breaking for parts/whole car

Post by Tinkley »

loftus.hall wrote:T Also would be nice if you have a passenger front mud flap and any of the little plastic mushroom things that keep the boot trim in place?
AFAIK new ones of these fir tree plugs are still around - would be better as the plastic will be more flexible.
Dadad
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1990 Citroen BX19 GTi, daily driver. 1990 Peugeot 205 GTi, a hoot in the summer. 1968 Renault 16 TS, just for summer shows. Citroen C4 Picasso Exclusive to tow the caravan.

Post by Dadad »

Have you still got the wheels ?
hu8ix

Post by hu8ix »

I will be in the UK this weekend at the NEC, do you have the foglights as well as the holders? I need them urgently xD. Thanks.
loftus.hall
Confirmed BX'er

Post by loftus.hall »

AFAIK new ones of these fir tree plugs are still around - would be better as the plastic will be more flexible.
It's not actually the fir trees I meant, There's a couple of little screw threads welded onto each side of the boot sidewalls that little (inch diameter, at a guess) round dome shaped black plastic pieces screw onto to hold the sidewalls in place.
Mine are loose as all but one is missing and the one i have has stripped its thread so no longer holds in place anyway so is a bit annoying, Could make something but just always have something else to do.

Is there a front passenger mudguard available?
TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

Hi Djoptixs

How would £25/£30 for the whole mech minus the motor sound (just need the drivers door one) - can collect one weekend if preferred as it also gives me a reason to pop in on my sister who lives in Bristol anyway!

Let me know

Regards
Andrew
'02 Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v - 92K - Sold
'09 Yamaha YBR 125 - 1100 miles
'93 Bx 17 TZD Turbo - 240K - The Aubergine

djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Hi all, and sorry for the lack of updating, been a bit busy. The car is being collected tomorrow so last chance if you need anything.

An attempt to answer all the questions follows...
loftus.hall wrote:These are minor bits but was after the rubber hole plugs that are in various places under the car, approx 35mm diameter holes, i'm missing a few but reaqlly need one to fill under the rear floorpan, Also would be nice if you have a passenger front mud flap and any of the little plastic mushroom things that keep the boot trim in place?

There's a couple of little screw threads welded onto each side of the boot sidewalls that little (inch diameter, at a guess) round dome shaped black plastic pieces screw onto to hold the sidewalls in place.
I know the plugs you mean - I'll have a look. I will also have a look for the mushroom things. No mud flaps I'm afraid.

I will also have a look for those plastic things, I know what you mean, but I did strip the boot quite a while ago so they might have gone AWOL.
mijfife wrote:Hi, not sure if you got my PM, I'm looking for the heater contol panel that sit's behind the three knobs that Merlin is after. I don't need the knobs or the black plastic fascia, just the white bit behind as a control cable retaining bracket has been broken off mine.
Yes I did get the PM, sorry for the lack of response! I'll see if I can get at that.
rutter123 wrote:What condition are the front seats, and what trim are they?
They are grey herringbone trim, and they're in good nick I would say.
Dadad wrote:Have you still got the wheels ?
Yes, but they were steels and the tyres are scrap.
hu8ix wrote:I will be in the UK this weekend at the NEC, do you have the foglights as well as the holders? I need them urgently xD.
I think it's fair to say we all urgently need foglights ;) Unfortunately, they're buggered, and the surrounds are yellowed.
TizzyD wrote:How would £25/£30 for the whole mech minus the motor sound (just need the drivers door one) - can collect one weekend if preferred as it also gives me a reason to pop in on my sister who lives in Bristol anyway!
£25 sounds more than fair - I will extract the mech if I can.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
Dadad
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1990 Citroen BX19 GTi, daily driver. 1990 Peugeot 205 GTi, a hoot in the summer. 1968 Renault 16 TS, just for summer shows. Citroen C4 Picasso Exclusive to tow the caravan.

Post by Dadad »

Do you still have the wheels ?
loftus.hall
Confirmed BX'er

Post by loftus.hall »

I've since been and gone past Bristol so if you can stick the little rubber plug things in the post that'd be great, otherwise don't worry as I won't be passing again till after xmas and it's quite a way just for those!
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

djoptix wrote:
Dadad wrote:Have you still got the wheels ?
Yes, but they were steels and the tyres are scrap.
TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

TizzyD wrote:How would £25/£30 for the whole mech minus the motor sound (just need the drivers door one) - can collect one weekend if preferred as it also gives me a reason to pop in on my sister who lives in Bristol anyway!
djpotixs wrote:£25 sounds more than fair - I will extract the mech if I can.
Brilliant - just let me know when :)

mijfife
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mijfife »

No problem, just let me know if you manage to get a chance to remove the heater panel. could you keep me the metal spring clips that hold the control cable to the panel as well please?

Many thanks, Jim
1991 BX TZD Hatchback, biodiesel powered :D
2007 Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi - everyday work horse, totally reliable but so dull :roll: 60k miles on my homemade biodiesel so mega cheap to run!
1967 Singer Chamois Coupe - owned since 1998, fully restored by myself - love it.
1991 Kawasaki GPz900r - owned since 2004, awaiting light restoration & a bit of TLC.
2002 Triumph Daytona 955i - bought in 2014 so that I could take Kawasaki off the road to restore - that's my excuse anyway :lol:
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Hope these are correct...

One window mech:

Variety of bungs, one a bit damaged (not by me) - any good?

Four mushrooms:

Heater CP:

Wish I'd read your post earlier. One of them (right hand one in second pic) fell down the back of the dash. Is this the one that you need? If so, I'll have another look in the morning...
TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

djoptix wrote:Hope these are correct...

One window mech:

That's fantastic!! Spot on - top man :D :D

mijfife
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mijfife »

One of the clips would be enough, I'm only missing the one for the temperature control side as that's what's broken on my car. I asked for both just incase I did what you did and dropped it down the dash :lol:

Cheers, Jim
1991 BX TZD Hatchback, biodiesel powered :D
2007 Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi - everyday work horse, totally reliable but so dull :roll: 60k miles on my homemade biodiesel so mega cheap to run!
1967 Singer Chamois Coupe - owned since 1998, fully restored by myself - love it.
1991 Kawasaki GPz900r - owned since 2004, awaiting light restoration & a bit of TLC.
2002 Triumph Daytona 955i - bought in 2014 so that I could take Kawasaki off the road to restore - that's my excuse anyway :lol:
hu8ix

Post by hu8ix »

I don't mind if the surrounds are yellowed as I'm still gonna respray them. As long as they are not cracked or broken it's fine.