Name that part...

BX Tech talk
Mark.T
Confirmed BX'er

Name that part...

Post by Mark.T »

Been re-installing or replacing various parts under the bonnet on my 19TRS Series 2 before putting the transmission back in - HP pump, timing belt, starter motor... I was pretty carful with putting various smaller bits and pieces in labelled takaway trays, but have come across a few parts I can't recall where they came from #-o

I was hoping somebody might recognise them...

I expect there will be a few more - but first up are two types of washer. Firstly three similar steel washers about 2 cm diam., each with a small notch on one edge. Secondly a larger, thinner spring washer (about 3 cm diam.).

Photos are below, but I think they came out when I removed the FDV and disconnected the regulator and support from the transmisison/engine, but could also have come from around the steering rack as it has also been removed.

Any suggestions welcome
Mark T.
Melbourne, Australia
BX16 TRS Auto (Series 1)
BX19 TRS (Series 2)
C3 Pluriel
JayW
1K Away

Re: Name that part...

Post by JayW »

Those really thin distorted washers appear to be from the seatbelt mounts. Possibly used as makeshift packing by p.o. ?
I have zero patience for your tedium.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

Could poss be gearbox bell housing washers? or starter motor?
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

They look like the washers that go between the steering rack and the subframe possibly
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Mark.T
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Mark.T »

Thanks for suggestions - I think I worked out where these washers come from. The three 2 cm washers are probably part no 694677 - one of these came from below the gear change linkage where it pivots on the steering rack, and two came from above and below the clutch lever. I've marked these in the diagram below.

JayW mentioned seat belt mounts for the larger washer and that rang a bell - but not a BX one. A couple of years ago I borrowed a Mazda 323 from a friend for a few months and after a water leak from the boot removed the carpets and seats to dry out - This washer was from the seat belt mount. I think it was missed on reassembly and has been lurking on the garage floor since.

Cheers
Mark T.
Melbourne, Australia
BX16 TRS Auto (Series 1)
BX19 TRS (Series 2)
C3 Pluriel