LHM Hyraulic pump pulley removal tool

Anything about BXs
mongrelpom
My Cars: BX 14E

LHM Hyraulic pump pulley removal tool

Post by mongrelpom »

I just got a spare hydraulic pump for my 14TE BX with TU3A (K1G) engine from France but the pulley wheel was bigger which would strain the pump so I found a puller.
It is marketed as a GM, Ford & Chrysler power steering pump puller but it works. It also allows you to refit it too.
It takes a lot of force & make double sure it is totally central, the pump casing is extremely fragile.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pulley-Pulle ... 2749.l2649
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: LHM Hyraulic pump pulley removal tool

Post by Jaba »

I thought it was diesel engines, being slower revs, that had the smaller pulley to pump a bit faster.
I always wondered how you got those pulleys off and back on.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
white exec
BXpert
My Cars: 1992 BX19D Millesime
- LHD, NA, AC, RP_5800
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive

Post by white exec »

Parts has the pulleys as
Diesel - 90 diam
Petrol - 120 diam
Chris
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

white exec wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:42 am Parts has the pulleys as
Diesel - 90 diam
Petrol - 120 diam
Precisely!
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
jvbram
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroen Bx 1.9d, Volvo 360, MB 206, Mitsy L200.

Post by jvbram »

mongrelpom wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 am I just got a spare hydraulic pump for my 14TE BX with TU3A (K1G) engine from France but the pulley wheel was bigger which would strain the pump so I found a puller.
It is marketed as a GM, Ford & Chrysler power steering pump puller but it works. It also allows you to refit it too.
It takes a lot of force & make double sure it is totally central, the pump casing is extremely fragile.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pulley-Pulle ... 2749.l2649
Thank you so much for the link, when i saw the photos on ebay i could not see how it would work on the smaller diesel pulley where the boss is below the pulley face. But it works by two big collects locking into the recess around the boss. It also retains an internall threaded annulus with a proud 20mm hex head. With an 29mm offset ring spanner on the annlus and a 13mm socket and bar on the drive screw and a good deal of force the collets rise and the boss pulls off. The drive bolt screws through this annulus and pushes against pump shaft. I dont see how you can use it to install the pulley. The pump shaft has a m9 x1.25 internal thread but the bolts provided are too small. Ive got the pulley on half way by heating it and now the original pulley bolt can be use to push it home. Note - the tool come with 48m ring to hold the collets in place but this was too small so i used a 54mm hole saw with the base cut off. When installing using the pulleys original bolt, you must stop the pulley from turning. I made a Y shaped tool 4mm thick with two M6 holes 50mm apart. The M6 pins must be screwed into these holes from above or you wont get the tool out. :lol: