BX 16v cooling radiator

BX Tech talk
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

BX 16v cooling radiator

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

Hi, to everybody.
I need new cooling radiator for my BX. As I know it's unique and was installed only in BX 16v. It's made of cooper, and have it's own design.
Original part number is 95636832. I can't find aviability of orginal radiator or any options of other producer.
Mine radiator is in bad condition.
What options of solution do you know?

Thanks in advance.
white exec
BXpert
My Cars: 1992 BX19D Millesime
- LHD, NA, AC, RP_5800
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive

Re: BX 16v cooling radiator

Post by white exec »

Hi!
That part number is the right one.
Autodoc (available in several countries - not sure where you are based) has a choice of several makes under that number, including copper/plastic...
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem ... 095636832#
Chris
Dave_16v
BXpert
My Cars: BX 16 Valve Ph 2 Current
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past
ZX Volcane keeping others going

Post by Dave_16v »

There have been listings on eBay for a while but it's something of a risk because I read someone fitted one and it leaked. The main drawback is you are dealing with China so returning etc. will be problematic.

A lot of companies show prices but have no stock,. Autodoc for example, messages reading currently out of stock (but they won't get any).

You could look at restoration but they like to see the radiator in most cases to check suitability.

Chevronics had one previously, their listing is out of date as they wanted over £425, OOS now but you could ask.

https://www.chevronics.co.uk/product/bx ... cba1185463

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274030820026 ... BMiLqZhdJf
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

white exec wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:59 am Hi!
That part number is the right one.
Autodoc (available in several countries - not sure where you are based) has a choice of several makes under that number, including copper/plastic...
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem ... 095636832#
Hi, thanks for reply. I saw that list earlier, but no one supplier confirm that any of this options could be bring into Ukraine. Too rare position.
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

Dave_16v wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:40 am There have been listings on eBay for a while but it's something of a risk because I read someone fitted one and it leaked. The main drawback is you are dealing with China so returning etc. will be problematic.

A lot of companies show prices but have no stock,. Autodoc for example, messages reading currently out of stock (but they won't get any).
I completely agree
Several months ago I contacted directly with Chinese producer of this radiators. He offered 85 USD for each example, but only if order 10 pcs. He is not presented on any trade platform such as Alibaba or Aliexpress, where I could order 1-2 pcs. You can imagne profit the seller on Ebay)) So I'm still looking for options to buy in Ukraine or maybe Poland.
https://cnjagrow.en.made-in-china.com/p ... -1994.html
white exec
BXpert
- LHD, NA, AC, RP_5800
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive

Post by white exec »

This looks a difficult one... Just an idea:
Several of the BX diesels were fitted with large and high-capacity radiators - and twin fans - especially where caravan towing was to be done.
If it's any help, we can look at the size of these, and check availability. There is, for example, a company that will accept orders from Mister Auto (owned by PSA), and dispatch virtually anywhere globally. The diesel radiators are much easier to find.

Can you let us know what radiator arrangement you have there at the moment: is it the standard (original type) part, with the 956.... number you posted above? Do you have twin fans? Air con? Some photos of what's there could help too.
Chris
Kaapelimies
BXpert

Post by Kaapelimies »

In 16 Valve the radiator is under the slam panel, not behind it as in other models. I'm quite sure none of the others will fit (never owned one thouhg).
BX 4x4 estate, several BX Van's and some more normal estates in Finland.
white exec
BXpert
- LHD, NA, AC, RP_5800
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive

Post by white exec »

The Ebay (Chinese) one is the only one I've managed to find available.
Drawn a blank on all other makes.

Size appears to be 530wide x 287high x 36thick, so less tall than all the others.

Have PM'd Vanny to see whether he has any ideas.
Chris
Kaapelimies
BXpert

Post by Kaapelimies »

I think the original radiator is made out of brass, so it can be fixed by a professional, if it's not broken in an accident that is. In which case the cells can be renewed and the old end fittings be kept if survived. I'm sure this can be done in Ukraine, finding the guy can be the problem..
BX 4x4 estate, several BX Van's and some more normal estates in Finland.