new bx owner needs help

BX Tech talk
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

ok just got me a set of torx drivers and have just received a Haynes manual from a really great person from this forum so I'm off for a bit to tinker now i have the tools and the book. Thanyou to everybody who has supplied info, it was really good of you all. I will very likely be back on in a minute with more questions. You all have a great day
:) :) :)
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Timbo,there's some bloody good poeple on here :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Excellent I am pleased you received the haynes BOL thats one down I still have 1 more to despose off. :D
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

cheers to one and all ... like i said i will be back on again soon ... i just have that sort of feeling that it's not going to be an easy time (being a BX owner hehe)
:lol:
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Timbo - if you're not familiar with them already, then Economy Tools in Union Street (just up from Oxfam, Holland and Barrett) are sometimes very useful.

I used to check out their bargain odds and sods tray. They sometimes break up tool sets they can't shift and this was the source of some l-shaped torx keys, and some beautifully slim but VERY sturdy Laser spanners.

By the way, nobody seems to have mentioned removing the clips which hold the main plastic heater panel in place. You get at those by prising out the central ventilator grilles (carefully saving the clips on one side).

You can then see one rectangular aperture each side. Push a flat-bladed screwdriver in , and pull gently outwards (I think) to release. It helps to be pulling the panel gently towards you while you do this.

Once you've done this, the PCB for the fan and the white backbox for the rotary controls is revealed.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

:lol: Our resident Trim Guru strikes again, you're in good hands here Timbo =D> \:D/
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

it's done.... have replaced the cig lighter (can now recharge my TomTom) and have punched in the code for the radio (again with the help from great people on this forum) and I can now listen to music ... hehehehe ...... now if anybody has the operating instructions for the Boston cc20 I will be able to tune it in ....
The main thing i am worried about is the heater/fan thing ... being from sunnier climate We will "DIE" when winter gets here .... :?