BX14 St Tropez eBay purchase

Anything about BXs
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

BX14 St Tropez eBay purchase

Post by mnde »

Finally, several weeks late, here are some pictures of the BX14 TE St Tropez from Kent that my friend and I bought for £70 off eBay - 61,000 miles, with tax till end of this month, and MOT until August. I was hoping to get around to taking some better pics now it's all washed and polished and hoovered - but my camera card's packed in.

Lined up with the Mk1 19TRD on the seafront at Hythe!

It was quite a nice day really! Note the BXClub Sticker in the picture! :)

Back at the Ranch... two eBay BXs meet!

I'm babysitting the car at the moment because my friend has too many cars already and he's moving house soon! It just needs a balljoint for the MOT, a new clutch and the rear silencer needs looking at because it's banging loudly against the subframe. Rear arms seem good, all spheres good but accumulator is just on the way out I think. It really shifts and is very free-revving. The engine note sounds *so* much more growly/sporty compared to the 1.6 when pushed hard! The non-assisted steering is *not* a problem. Much easier than parking the non-assisted Mk1 diesel which has really heavy steering. Only annoying thing, in this heat, is that the blower will not give out "cold" air (?something wrong with cabling/heater tap) and the internal vent don't shut when the fan control is turned to zero - so it gets quite hot in there... But apart from that, very nice and it's polished up well. Just a shame about the creases across both driver's side doors :?

Cheers,

Mark.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Looks very nice Mark- Very very nice considering it was only 70 pounds!! My old St Tropez didnt have the white door surrounds or sills for some reason. I think it was just the H reg ones that got that and then they probably just stuck stickers on normal white BX shells towads the end.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Looks great! Bargain!
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

Thanks chaps!
adamskibx wrote:Looks very nice Mark- Very very nice considering it was only 70 pounds!!
... And those pics were taken *before* we washed and polished it! Must get some newer pics taken now it's all gleaming!

Mark.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Hey, the number plate on the St Tropez is almost identical to my old 4x4 plate.

Is it from Seabrook Garage?
Over and out from me
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

I think it *is* Seabrook Garage, yeah... I'll double check for sure tonight.

Mark.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Would have to be I bet . Both my bxes end in EG H506 FEG (FEG OFF) AND G741SEG, I dont know if they came from the same garage as theres no history with the GTi :cry: